OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

I will never forget boarding the early morning Calais Ferry, the Monday after the Herald of Free Enterprise disaster, to the strains of 'To France' over the Tannoy...

Taking on water, Sailing a restless sea From a memory, A fantasy. The wind carries Into white water, Far from the islands. Don't you know you're

*Never going to get to France.*

Meanwhile the phrase I hate is 'going forward'. 4 ridiculous syllables to replace the far more accurate 3 in 'in future'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not to mention the Kitten. (At least that had four wheels.)

Reply to
Max Demian

That did cross my mind, just after I'd posted. However, the kitten and the three-wheelers just don't compare to the Scimitar - and I'd definitely consider that a "famous" model.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I used to be Colonel something. And a Major. Who uses their real name ffs?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No such thing as a troll, that activity would be pointless. I just have a different opinion to the unwashed masses, which ends up being funny/annoying.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I would accept "you can have my book" (we assume "with my permission"), but for "you can't do that" I would say "you shouldn't do that", or "you're not allowed to do that". Saying you can't do something which you've just done is laughably illogical.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Unfortunately he got concerned when I pointed out things like security cameras and "assault". I did want him to attack me.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The Irish have to be tolerant or we remove their visas.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The Irish don't need visas to enter the UK

Reply to
charles

Not Colonel Edmund? That nym is still in my spam trap.

Reply to
rbowman

Tolerant my ass. We don't call them Armalites in this country but we've got a lot of them.

Reply to
rbowman

WE all have a different opinion to the masses, and the troll part is whether we go on about it a lot. Obviously tolerance only goes so far if the same stance is continually repeated over and over then I guess some get fed up with it. However in the end we all can just press next and the few electrons wasted are not an issue. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

On Wed, 23 Jun 2021 22:40:02 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

The more the better. An armed society is a polite society.

Reply to
Tekkie©

I've found that to be true. Our BLM demonstration was very subdued. Other than playing some inspirational music the rednecks in the pickups didn't bother the demonstrators and they peacefully stayed on the courthouse lawn.

rbowman