OT: Steering wheel

Race cars do not have power steering.

Seriously? I find that hard to believe.
--
What does a Polish woman do after she sucks a cock?
Spits out the feathers.

No air conditioning either

That would draw power off the engine for not much benefit, just comfort. But surely turning a car rapidly all the time would be much easier, and you'd be able to control the car better, if it had power steering.
--
"VAT is a simple tax..." -- Anthony Barber, Chancellor of the Exchequer on the introduction of VAT on April Fool's Day in 1973.

And likely to get you mixed up, it's like rubbing your chest and patting your head, you have to grip the correct hand at the correct time.
--
A hard-on doesn't count as personal growth.

They used the method all the time and it was second nature to them.

Completely unnecessary in my opinion.
--
Dreaming frees the soul, energizes the spirit and allows you to do things that would get your ass thrown in jail if you really tried them.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:04:57 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

On my 60 Dodge I can do it all with one finger stuck in the spoke.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM power steering....
--
A blonde is walking down a creek. While she's looking around she notices Judi walking along the other side of the creek. She yells to the other blonde. "Hey, how do I get to the other side?"
Judi replies, "You are on the other side!"

Does 60 refer to the year of build?!?!
--
A blonde is walking down a creek. While she's looking around she notices Judi walking along the other side of the creek. She yells to the other blonde. "Hey, how do I get to the other side?"
Judi replies, "You are on the other side!"

1960. Constant Control Power Steering. Some might say it's overboosted but I like it.

How is it still going if it's 56 years old?
How does "Constant Control Power Steering" differ from standard power steering?
--
Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

Most wear is either rust or from mileage. It's got 114,000 miles and not much rust. The "Constant Control Power Steering" is just a marketing name. It's pretty much the same as all integral PS boxes.

Ah, 114,000 miles isn't much. Most 56 year old vehicles have done a lot more than that!
I'm guessing you live somewhere very dry, or keep it in a garage?
--
You know you're getting old when:
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

It spent the first 50 years in Spokane so it has seen some wet weather which required the second owner to replace the front fenders and patch the trunk floor wings. And it has some rust but not enough to be a problem for daily driver use, just a few bubbles in the usual places around the wheel openings. Now it's nice and dry in AZ.
On 3/21/2016 10:49 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

If you take the old people driving course to get a discount on your car insurance, you're told 3 and 9 is safer, and to keep all you fingers on the outside of the steering wheel.

How is it safer to have more hands on the wheel? If I need to avoid a collision by turning left, and I have one hand on the wheel, I move that hand. With two hands, my brain has to send two opposite signals to my hands.
--
I take loads of laxatives when the pollen count rises. It stops me sneezing - I daren't.

On 3/21/2016 2:45 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Still playing obtuse I see.
The reason for paying attention to where your fingers are on the wheel is to lessen the possibility of getting gloved in a wreck.
Do whatever you want.

Did you even read what I wrote? It's easy enough to turn a wheel with power steering with one hand. And easier, because you only have to give a signal to one hand.
--
Why does sour cream have an expiration date?

On 3/21/2016 4:15 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I see the point when right over your head. You asked a question, I gave you an answer.