OT: Steering wheel

.. an absolute necessity for the old WheelHorse .. :-)
http://www.leevalley.com/US/garden/page.aspx?pX662&cat=2,2160,40710
I seem to remember that the old-timey ones had girly-pictures ... ? maybe just wishful thinking .. John T.
--- ---
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com says...

You are absolutely right! And I remember a lot of "scripto" cigarette lighters that had girly-pictures in them too!
--
RonNNN

Then the bloody things did that feminism shit.
--
Two blondes are racing down a bumpy back road in a pretty beat up car down to a bank they're going to rob.
"Drive slower" pleads the one in the passenger seat, "I don't want all the nitro in the boot to explode."

I remember Calenders with girly-pictures too! Now all you can get is pictures of kittens and hot-rods!
--
RonNNN

Except apparently in New York you are only allowed to have one if it is "required"
Able bodied kid is not allowed to install one on his WRX hotrod.

Stop fantasising.
--
The first Harley Davidson motorcycle built in 1903 used a tomato can for a carburetor.

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

Did you read this from the link I posted?
"New York No rules against knobs in New York's laws. NY Vehicle Code New York requires an aid on the steering mechanism if handicapped. Handicap Law"
--
RonNNN

You read it one way. I read it another.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

Seems pretty clear to me. No laws against it, but required if handicapped. Nowhere does it say you "have to be handicapped" to have one.
--
RonNNN

He read it. You read it incorrectly. A requirement to do something if you're disabled does not mean you can't do it if you're not.
--
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, there's nobody home."
I went over. Nobody was home.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 20:41:27 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

When I was in my 20's I put one of them on my steering wheel. I did not even know there was any laws regarding them. They were sold at the local auto parts store, so I thought they were legal.
A cop pulled me over for a burnt out taillight or some small thing, and when he saw that knob, he told me it was illegal, and he could not let me drive the car until it was removed. I reached in my glove box, pulled out a phillips scrwdriver and removed it right in front of him. He told me not to put it back on, and let me go.
I do NOT see them sold in auto parts stores anymore, but farm supply stores sell them for tractors. I put one on one of my tractors, and when the steering wheel suddenly spun backwards because the front tires got into a rut, that damn spinner smashed my fingers and hurt like hell. I removed it, and will never use one again on anything!
On 03/21/2016 08:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Did the cop make you fix the taillight immediately too? Seems like a burned out taillight is more hazardous than a wheel spinner.
On Tue, 22 Mar 2016 02:43:58 -0600, moderator

Nope, just told me to get the t-lite fixed....

And hazardous to others. The spinner can only harm him. The law should never protect someone from themselves.
--
"TWA 2341, for noise abatement turn right 45 Degrees."
"Centre, we are at 35,000 feet. How much noise can we make up here?"

Land of the free eh? Endanger YOURSELF and the government pokes their nose in.
--
Two blondes are racing down a bumpy back road in a pretty beat up car down to a bank they're going to rob.
"Drive slower" pleads the one in the passenger seat, "I don't want all the nitro in the boot to explode."

Only if you're not wearing a seatbelt. Van drivers have those here, very useful.
How come your government doesn't care if you shoot each other, but they care about a little bump on your wheel?
--
Bakers trade bread recipes on a kneadtoknow basis.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:03:21 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

AKA the KNUCKLE-BUSTER.

They've never done that to me.
I've heard of a knuckle breaker. That's a very long lever you put on a wheelnut to remove it when it's stiff. When it finally gives, your knuckles scrape off the car or the ground.
--
Peter is listening to "DJ Splash - Ring dinge ding"

I reserve that for the adjustabe wrenches.
Not sure why but for some reason many years ago I started referring to the slip joint pliers as Ford pliers. Might be because I have heard that many years ago all it took to repair them was some pliers and bailing wire.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:50:01 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

I had my knuckles rapped real good by the knobs on both the 540 Cockshutt and the 44 Massey Harris. I took the one off the '43 PowerWagon the second time it bit me. IIRC.