Gas shortage UK

Uhh, not quite. The left steals from the middle class to give to their rich allies and gives a pittance to the poor as cover. Exactly what to you think Bidenflation is all about?

Catholic Church has been full on Marxists for years. Islam hates usury and money lending with a passion.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is libertarian conservatism. Far too risky for the people who run things. Authoritarian control of everything is their goal.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Please don't promote that scam site

https:gridwatch.org.uk™ is the genuine not for profit one

You hadn't bothered to actually plot the latest storms sweeping across the UK?

Europe generating lots of stupid wind energy, cant get rid of it, so sell it to Britain at silly prices.

Britain says 'thank you' and shuts down gas. It will all be the other way tomorrow.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You mean Obama said he had no plans? Maybe I misunderstand you. Obama is on record saying he'd put coal out of business when he was campaigning.

Since you did not provide a cite, I am going to have to believe you made that up Bob.

And if true, do you realize that you just confirmed that he took bribes? Books and speaking are the traditional ways of taking bribed.

And as far as Netflix goes, he single handedly ruined them.

I had a little one too. It was useless

The problem as we all knew in the first place is that we fall into the trap dictated by a well known proverb. Don't put all your eggs in one basket or ifyou drop them they will all break. We are doing exactly the same with our use of the Internet of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mindlessly superficial with power generation.

And we did when almost all power generation except in the most remote islands etc was done with coal. It worked fine.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Kerboom, or maybe just not worked at all. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

With modern ovens, it's the "unlit" part that's the difficulty. Gas won't flow if the igniter fails.

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Because most people don't understand control theory, can't distinguish between short and long term effects.

Reply to
John Larkin

A six-pack tc heater/cooler can be used as a benchtop temperature chamber. I used one to tune the tempco of an instant-start Colpitts oscillator. Now I keep it in my office for snacks.

Have I mentioned what a terrible capacitor FR4 makes?

John Larkin

Yup, just like Biden got rich ;)

Reply to
Frank

Left wing press is nation's biggest enemy. Holds for most of the rest of the world too.

Good example in today's paper. With election tomorrow one of the paper's headlines was on abortion. With nation in shambles with inflation, crime and open borders the press pushes voters to vote for the party that favors abortion.

Reply to
Frank

By then it will be too late.

(and the cost _is_ currently sorting things, as it is running out; just look at the known reserves, the current production and the historic production/consumption curves).

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Sorry, didn't realize it was.

The OP didn't include a link to the site name, and it wasn't obvious from the image. I was bored and didn't do due diligence. My mistake.

That would have been easy to include that link by the OP.

That is how energy grids are supposed to work, surpluses in one area offset shortages or more expensive energy in others. It is a perpetual balancing act.

John :-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

Scott, the thread title points to this being in the UK.

In the UK gas usually means methane. The stuff we put in our cars is petrol - petroleum spirit.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

And in the part you snipped, I was responding to Dean Hoffman's statement, and he is American.

I've spent enough time in the UK to be aware of the differences in the use of the tongue commonly called English.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

The car stuff is officially "gasoline" in the USA.

Reply to
John Larkin