Stupid freaking mice....already

Wow. They harvested three days ago, and already, poop in my kitchen.

Plugged the AC line last year with steel wool. The idea of the little bastards s*****ng in my kitchen this early in the season is disturbing.

Reply to
Mitch

Make a VERY efficient mouse trap for free. Take a 5 gallon bucket, or a smaller one. Put about four inches of water in it. Drill two holes opposite each other on the top lip. Take an aluminum can and drill a hole on each end. On one end, you will have to pop the tab. Make them as close to center as you can. Small 1/8" is fine. Thread a piece of baling wire through there, but put kinks on it where it keeps it centered on the wire threaded between the two holes. Smear the can with peanut butter. You now have a trap that is non poisonous, works like a charm, and is free. Safe for kids or animals. Make a ramp, or put it close to something that the mice can climb up on. They try to get out on the peanut butter can, and when it spins, they drop in the water. They work super, are not messy, are safe, and you can discreetly use them and put them away. No need touching dead mice, either, as you toss water and all.

Yer welcome.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

That sounds like one awfully filthy soup of putridity if you left it sittin for any length of time.

Makes me think of that poor bastard in the bathtub at the end of Silence of the Lambs.

Yuk

Reply to
ShadowTek

Well, duh, if you did leave it sitting for more than a few days, yes it gets putrid. I would assume that any normal human would check it daily.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

It's a nasty, complicated way of getting rid of mice. An old fashioned trap, with yummy bait, has quickly caught all of my mouse pests....place trap along their run, usually behind applicances and near a source for warmth. Fridge motors, gas pilot lights and stored clothing are cozy meese homes :o)

Reply to
norminn

Wish the cheesy things would move into a mouse pad of thier own. I had a cat, for a while. Cats produce a lot of cat manure. More cat flop than Mouse Se Dung. (Chinese mouse dictator.)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You in Brooklyn, or Detroit?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Oren" wrote

Thank you, Oren. Did you shoot that? They work great, but the Victor Tin Cat is IMHO, as good, but they're about $15 each. Both of these are safe for pets and kids.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I like the snap traps better. They're cheap, and if you're home you can hear when they get caught. Another advantage is that you can quickly look to determine if they have a mouse in them, and also look to see if the bait has disappeared (we have some smart mice around here).

Had a "live trap" once, but I'd rather deal with a dead mouse than a live mouse.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

No. Saw it some time ago (camera is an IR-CCTV)

This guy made a diving board with some duct tape.

These bucket traps would be good for a barn or out building with feed grain, etc.

Reply to
Oren

Well...the Victor Tin Cat doesn't work. At least it NEVER has for me. Snap traps with peanut butter can get 3-4 per day, each!

Now and then change their diet. Tie a small cheese cube on with sewing thread.

They stick their neck out for it!

Oh, Snap!

Reply to
Oren

If it was in an easy to get to place, sure. I was thinking of all those inconvenient places here and there.

And I wouldn't call someone abnormal for failing to make daily rounds to check mouse traps. That sounds more like a needless insult to me.

Reply to
ShadowTek

If you had mechanical traps, and had a dead mouse in there for more than a day, what do you think would happen? In our area, we get neotoma. They are as big as a rat, and called pack rats. Most times, I will find them dead near small mousetraps. Apparently, the small trap kills them, but doesn't capture them. How good do you think one of those would smell after a day or two? And putting a trap in an "abnormal" place would invite an injured mouse or larger species to carry the trap into the wall, and now you got a real stinko problem.

Anyone who sets traps and then leaves them for several days without checking is definitely abnormal in my estimation, or has no idea about trapping. But then, you're the one asking how to do it, so I would surmise that you don't know as much as you pretend.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

They're good anywhere, just have to check them daily. You can get more than one mouse without resetting, and if you miss it, the trap isn't sprung, and not working.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I've had great luck with them. If one gets in there, it can eat all the bait, and others will still come in to see what's going on.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

No dealing at all. Five gallon bucket of water, come back in five minutes and dump. Easier than touching a dead mouse, blood, guts, hair, hide, eyeballs, and all.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Rat traps may need to be secured with a small chain. I set some rat traps in a warehouse I had some years ago and every now and then one of them would catch a mouse. The bar would be across the hindquarters of the mouse and the look frozen on the face of the little dead mouse said it all.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I didn't say "abnormal", I said an "inconvenient" place to get to, which is only "abnormal" if you are suggesting that most people don't have areas on their property that are inconvenient to get to for one reason or another, but still have rodents that need to be dealt with.

lol I didn't "ask" "how" to do anything, and I didn't "pretend" to "know" anything other than the fact that one thing tends to stink more than another.

It is obvious now that your words are mearly the product of a troll who is looking to start fights with people, and I have no desire for such interactions.

*plonk*
Reply to
ShadowTek