just tossing in my vote for traps--poison leaves 'em to die in the
wall.... NOT GOOD!
I just found two mice face down in my electrical panel, up against
the 200-amp service lugs---only dumb luck (If it weren't for dumb
luck, I'd have none at all) kept my house from burning down. I guess
the electrician punched out an extra hole in the panel box that he
forgot to plug. I recommend you check out your panelbox for such
holes! Electrical fires aside, it sucks cleaning bile from in between
all the breakers!