Cordless Toilets

Has anyone tried any of these new cordless toilets? I am looking into replacing my toilet and thought I might go with one of these cordless models. However, I'd like to get opinions from others that have tried them before buying one.

Saturday Home Repairman

Reply to
SaturdayHomeRepairman

No, but I hear that the 18v model kicks ass compared to the 14.4v and

12v models. Just make sure to get the charger and extra battery with it. I think you can buy a box set that includes a cordless vanity and shower too.
Reply to
sleepdog

Cordless toilet?? I don't get it. You have to plug in your toilet? Ever get shocked?

Reply to
C & M

You are really bored aren't you?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

No one has asked the obvious, so here goes ........... does it come with a charger or extra batteries?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Saturday Home Repairman

Reply to
stevie

Would the Celeron ones do well, or if you take a long time, should you use the Centrino kind?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Reply to
Jmagerl

The batteries are only good for about 20 flushes. Less if you really dump.

-- dadiOH ____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH

I've always preferred the gasoline powered ones myself. I change the spark plug each spring and never had a problem.

AMUN

Reply to
Amun

Are you talking about the Kohler TE 125 with the small type Garbage Disposer built in. If so go for the TE 135 it's 110V you do have to rough in a 110V for hard wiring. but no messy batteries to change.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

FERGEDDABOUT the toilet! I want to hear more about this ball rotator thing.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

Foggeddabout the whole thing! This thread is making my balls rotate fast enough already.

Reply to
Carpenter

I've heard of them and I might get one.

Hell! The one I have now uses 2 cords a month!

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Did anyone else see the program on TV about the history of the ................... VIBRATOR?

Quite enlightening and entertaining.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Every one seems to think you are talking about the battery or gasoline powered models, but I have a feeling you are referring to the new enviro-friendly wind-up spring-loaded ones. Right?

Reply to
FACE

I got a cordless toilet from Harbor Freight, the 12 volt model. Didn't last very long, but for $29.99 I can afford to buy another one in a couple months.

Get one that interchanges with your Ranco ball rotator.

=============================

From: Subject: Problem with my Electric Balls Rotator Date: Thursday, January 15, 2004 11:44 AM

I recently bought the "Ronco" electric balls rotator. The manufacturer said this thing will rotate my balls 20 times every minute at the slow speed, and 180 times every minute at fast speed. I thought this would be a worthwhile investment, since my balls were just hanging there getting no use.

I clamped it to my shaft as directed. I connected it to the outlet, and it began rotating. I adjusted it for a medium rotation speed and it worked well for the first couple minutes. Suddenly it began increasing in speed and within a few minutes it was operating at over

1200 rotations per minute, and the rotation meter was pegged and the word "OVERLOAD" was flashing on the digital readout. That's when the whole thing went crazy. My balls became entangled around each other, and the left ball ended up on the right and the right on the left. What a mess, and quite painful too. I pulled the plug and called customer service.

I spoke with the main man, (Ron Ronco - company president). He told me to push the button labelled "info", which I did. Then he asked me to give him the code numbers, which I did. He said that the numbers indicate that my balls are too large and too heavy for normal use, and that considering this, it is normal for the machanics in the machine to over compensate and increase speed. He told me that my balls do not fit in the "normal range" for size and weight, and that there is nothing he can do for me, and I will just have to use the machine as is. I asked for a refund, and was told that they will not give refunds due to personal physical abnormalities. I am really angry about this, but it appears there is little I can do other than sue the company and/or file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

I am asking if anyone might offer a means to change the mechanics in this device by possibly modifying the voltage or power consumption to compensate for my supposed abnormality. I'd also like to know if any of you men who are using one of these devices are having any problems with it?

Jerry Atrick

======================================

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I like the Citron ones!! Especially with some tonic and a twist of lemon......

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

I posted the description in my last news group post.

The electric ball rotator is available in several different models. The high power one with the 24 volt battery is good for construction sites, and auto dealerships (where you find big furry pairs). There is also a 3.6 volt trainer model which is sold in college bookstores. Before cordless tools, they used to use a plug in model, which had safety problems. And should not be used in the bath tub or shower.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not seen the TV program. I did see the email that made the rounds. About the airport security guys putting a suitcase in the bomb room, and then call the people whose name was on the tag, and had them open the suitcase while they watched from behind the bomb shields. And it was.... well the dumb chick left the batteries in her vibrator, and the switch got bumped on.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon