Spots on Drywall?

I'd apply a coat or two of stain killer, which is a product made specifically to prevent stains from bleeding through. As to touching up the drywall texture, that shouldn't be needed if it's only a stain. If the texture is involved, then it depends entirely on what kind of texture it is, ie popcorn? faux paint finish?

Reply to
trader4

Scrub it - I would use 409 or Fantastic with a rough cloth rag, not paper. Spray or wipe on bleach, let sit a few minutes, then wipe rinse and wipe completely dry. If that doesn't do the job, proceed as follows: Seal/prime it with any good stain blocking primer, such as Kilz or Zinnzer brand, which are available in both alkyd and latex formulations. Check with your paint dealer for the best choice. If there needs to be texture touchup, that should be done first of all, but I doubt you would need to add texture, as little mechanical prep is needed..

Reply to
Roger Taylor

Hi,

I had an episode with red wine (yes I have a new found allergy to something in red wine), and unfortunately the drywall around my toilet is stained. Should I just wash as best as I can with light soap and cloth (already did this), then prime the area and repaint? Or do I need something to block out the stain before or after the primer?

Also, if I need to touch up the drywall texture, how do I do this?

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Dan