Cordless combi drills

Need to purchase new drill. Having considered weight, torque, performance, use etc I have decided on a 14.4V cordless combi drill. I am looking at the mid to high end of the market. I have read views on cheaper vs expensive - and am not too interested in that debate.
Bosch, DeWalt and Makita all have similar models around the 200 ukp mark. Having looked at previous discussions and recommendations of others I am inclined to go for the Makita.
However my neighbour is a chippie and he tells me that the latest models from Bosch are significantly better than previous ones - and very highly regarded in the trade. He has all DeWalt - but would go for Bosch.
Any opinions? At this sort of level does manufacturer/brand make much difference?

All I would add is that I've never been disappointed with Makita.
--
*Toilet stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on.

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:32:58 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Likewise. I have four of their drills in different sizes and types.
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I've been pleased until now with my 9 year old mains Makita SDS, however recently the brushes stated sparking. Replaced them, yes easily obtained, unfortunately it was still sparking. Silly me I hadn't spotted one of the commutator segments was shot. A new armature costs about 50. Perhaps not statistically significant but I'm disappointed and will replace with a mid-range, Erbauer perhaps, at little more cost than the cost of replacement Makita brushes and armature.
Jim A

not
replacement
I know what you mean. A waste of time.

No you don't. You don't - and never have - possess any pro tools. After all, you used a hacksaw to cut plastic pipe.
--
*Why is the word abbreviation so long?

<snip drivel>
writes

BI. Complaint goes in at BI .
--
.sigmonster on vacation

We have another Roger or Plowman here. Two loonpots is enough, but now we have several.
together this:

If you don't like it, fuck off somewhere else.
--

SJW
strung

More lunacy.
writes

I can't be a "loonpot", since individual.net agreed with my complaint (BI > 40 by this point) and pulled your account. Which is why you're now posting from Tiscali.
HTH. HAND. FOAD.
--
.sigmonster on vacation

You are a loonpot.
<snip drivel>
Nope, you're a loonpot (whatever that is) who abused his individual.net account and lost it. As you've lost it before and will again in the future. Sweet dreams.
--
.sigmonster on vacation

writes

You a total idiot!
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account
writes

wanker
--
geoff

writes

You are right Maxie. A wanker as well. He lives in Wallasey you know. Ever been there Maxie? The pits man, the pits, almost as bad as Aberdeen.
_________________________________________ Usenet Zone Free Binaries Usenet Server More than 120,000 groups Unlimited download http://www.usenetzone.com to open account

I'm absolutely intrigued (yawn) to know what IMM thinks he achieves by the 'snip drivel' thingie?
Anyone searching a thread on Google will still read what he's 'snipping', and anyone sad enough to search IMM would get a bit bored with post after post the same?
--
*A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

No idea. But if he continues he'll lose his Tiscali account as well.

He's in my killfile, since nothing the Inept Moron of Misinformation posts is worth reading. I use Google groups to search for his snip drivel posts to determine their BI.
--
.sigmonster on vacation

writes

the
More Tomfoolery. Not worth reading any further.