Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill

Hi All
Bosch Diy Psb 24ve2 Cordless Combi Hammer Drill.
Anyone got one? Opinions?
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

24v is silly for a cordless drill. Unless an SDS type. It makes it far too heavy and bulky.
--
*When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded *

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Compared to the DeWalt, Bosch Blue and Makita 12v drill/drivers which are 2.3 - 2.4 kg this is only 2.6 kg, so it doesn't seem that heavy. In fact it's lighter than some 14.4v.
Anyone got one?
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
The Medway Handyman wrote:

That alone would worry me. Decent batteries are heavy! (unless they have dropped to a smaller cell form factor - say AA).
There is something about the specs that don't add up on that drill. Max torque is listed as 25Nm - which for a 24V tool is abysmal! Compare it to the 12V makita for example here:
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Cordless%20Combi%2012V&product )919
Half the voltage and yet 65Nm torque (admitedly some of this is as a result of it having a three speed gearbox - but even the older 2 speed version gave double the torque of the bosch). Along with an all metal gearbox and a couple of 3Ah batts (could not find the capacity of the Bosch ones) for the same sort of money.

Nope, so view my comments for what they are - conjecture. However on paper I know which I would choose.
http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/details.php?cat=Cordless%20Combi%2012V&product1071
looks ok as well.
--
Cheers,

John.

The Medway Handyman wrote:

I've got one it works fine, the only issue with the weight was when screwing plasterboard to a ceiling, when i bought it they were doing a deal, buy a 24 volt and get a 12 volt free, i find i usually use the 12 volt for screwdriving and the 24 for drilling. it has no problems drilling masonry on hammer action, i once drilled a 20mm hole through a 9" wall which was pushing it a bit, but its still working. I havn't owned any other brand of cordless to compere it with although we have makitas at work and they are also very good

See recent thread on a similar DeWalt drill. Re: impact Driver, etc.
On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 23:06:30 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"

I've got one and it's ok apart from it's not ideal for holding over your head for long periods.
Plenty of torque and battery life.
Forget the hammer function as it's not a patch on having a seperate sds drill but for general use it's been good.
Mark S.

I agree. A light and well balanced drill/driver is what you need of 14.4v max. Some 18v version are light enough, but try first. The Wickes/Kress 15.5v version is v good and light enough (the one which converts to an angle drill).