Cordless drill

Can I use my cordless/ battery operated drill while standing in water

Reply to
Ben Andrus

Does it have a GFCI device built in?

Reply to
Burly

Since most cordless drills are powered by 12, 18, 24, or 32 volt DC power, I doubt that there is little danger...but you might want tp to do further research.

Reply to
Roy

drilling into electrical conduit, I hope.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Be sure to wear rubber boots ;-)

Reply to
Retired

Yes you can. The voltage isn't high enough to cause you harm but if the drill gets wet, you could short it out.

Reply to
Meanie

Sure, it won't hurt me a bit.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

How would we know? We don't even know if you can use it while *not* standing in water.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I know guys whi used to yake an old 12 volt fan motor, complete with the blades on it, and put it on the end of a pipe and fasten it on the back of their canoe like a trolling motor. Never a problem while in the water but theyb had to remember to dry it out and spray it with WD or LPS to drive out thwe moisture and keep it drom rusting solid. anything close to fresh water won't short out 12 or 24 volts, and even

36 0or 40 the motor won't stop from being wet.
Reply to
clare

On Thu, 25 May 2017 20:14:16 GMT, Ben Andrus wrote in

Yes. The cordless devices are too low a voltage to be a danger.

Reply to
CRNG