Ryobi Battery Weirdness

I pulled out the rest of my hair trying to understand why my new Ryobi drill battery wasn't accepting full charge. Long story short...

Ryobi one+ 18V battery Model P102 Measuring with a DVM gives lower than correct voltage. Battery acts like ~900K resistor in series.

Vbatt 20.4V

R-load Measured volts

10M 19V meter alone 3.5M 17.48 meter with shunt resistor 1.8M 20.4 meter with shunt resistor

Acts like ~900K in series until it turns on. Wonder why they did that?

So, measuring with a bare 10M input voltmeter gives incorrect indication of the actual state of charge.

Reply to
mike