Single spark when using Dewalt cordless drill

Sometimes when I use my cordless drill, it will shoot a single spark out the side of the drill.
Is that normal sometimes?
Thanks, Andy
On 3/28/2019 8:56 AM, A K wrote:

  No ! That's very dangerous and you should get rid of the drill immediately . If you'd like , you can send it to me for proper disposal . Please be sure to include all accessories and chargers , they must also be disposed of . DO NOT under any circumstances send that drill to the landfill . Landfills produce methane gas , and one spark can make the biggest damn explosion you ever saw ! OK , OK , enough foolishness . Yes that's not unusual , sometimes a bit of something gets on the commutator and interrupts the current . I wouldn't use it anywhere a spark would ignite something , but other than that it's OK to use it .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9:13:43 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

t the side of the drill.

Sure. Here is what I will send you.
I sent it priority mail.
"https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxtafozodg9s5ij/77878334-cat-poop-isolated.jpg?d l=0"
On 3/28/2019 9:49 AM, A K wrote:

What's the matter asshole , can't you take a joke ? I DID answer your question , after all !
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 10:58:58 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

out the side of the drill.

.

pg?dl=0"

Looks like you are the one who can't take a joke. :-)
Do you feel better when you name call someone?
On 3/28/2019 2:23 PM, A K wrote:

Only if they deserve it .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

+1 If his post was a joke, it was a stupid one. (Now he'll yell at me.)
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9:56:29 AM UTC-4, A K wrote:

No, it's not normal. IDK how a spark shoots out, my cordless drill is completely enclosed, I suppose some higher power ones may have openings for cooling air. Did some crap get into it?
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9:26:12 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

"https://www.hunker.com/13402931/is-my-drill-supposed-to-spark "
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 10:51:06 AM UTC-4, A K wrote:

From your cite:
"In some electric drills, these sparks are clearly visible through an opening in the drill body. This type of spark, which occurs whenever the drill is running at any speed, is a normal part of the drill's operation.
I agree with that. These are contained, very small arcing at the contact interface.
"If your electric drill has a brushed DC motor, it is supposed to spark. However, the sparks should be consistent and relatively contained inside the drill. "
What you have:
"Sometimes when I use my cordless drill, it will shoot a single spark out the side of the drill. "
Each of those sparks is some molten material coming off. Is it the worst thing ever and you should buy a new drill? No, but it's not normal for it to be shooting sparks out either and over time, something will likely fail as more and more material disappears.
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 07:51:03 -0700 (PDT), A K

Virtually ALL cordless drills have ventilation of some sort. Some cheap-assed "cordless drill-drivers" made to be used as lightweight screw drivers MAY not. All corded drills do as well. Virtually all have fan blades on the armature to force air flow through them.
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 2:02:36 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

Yes, the spark came from location circled here.
"https://www.dropbox.com/s/zdgq3y6hhkch62h/20190328_142202.jpg?dl=0 "
On Thu, 28 Mar 2019 12:28:34 -0700 (PDT), A K

That will be the cooling slots for the commutator. If it is going to spark anywhere it will be there. Blow it out with compressed air and try to keepit clean.
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 8:03:05 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

Thanks, Andy
A K posted for all of us...

Yes, to eliminate it buy a brushless motor.
--
Tekkie

On Friday, March 29, 2019 at 1:24:18 PM UTC-5, Tekkie® wrote:

t the side of the drill.

That will have to wait till my Dewalt no longer works.
Which I anticipate it taking many years of use.
Andy
On 3/28/2019 9:56 AM, A K wrote:

Happens to me on occasion with my Dewalt drills as well. If you work/use them in a dusty environment such as a wood shop, the particles enter those slots and can spark up and shoot out. I've had my drills for many years and still doing fine.