Latest threads in Garageshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The lights in my 3/4 HP Craftsman Garage Door opener (Model# 139.5399011), are not working.
The lights in my 3/4 HP Craftsman Garage Door opener (Model# 139.5399011), are not working. I thought the bulbs had burned out but when I replaced them with new bulbs still nothing. I removed the...

Stanley D 1000 A05 Beam Sensors
Replaced beam sensors with universals from 123 REMOTES because the old ones got wet, sender led became milky. Wired the new ones in as per instructions. Now the door will not close automatically. The...
4
4

I want my garage door to come up another 3 inches to clear the door seal..
how do you adjust Genie unit?
2
2

What is the difference between plastic blue kerosene and red gas cans?
Once I stopped at the Wawa gas station in New Jersey and the gas station attendant refused to fill up my plastic blue can with a gas telling me that can should be red and not blue. He said he'll lose...
1
1

no smart button
My garage door is operating erratically, opening randomly, and not opening when we use the remote. It also sometimes opens halfway, or opens and closes all by itself. I have replaced the battery in...

I have an Allister 3000 garage door opener, the light stays on and doesn't goes off, why?
I can only turn the light of if I hit the circuit breaker off then on again, the light would turn on and then off when I hit the circuit breaker back on.

help finding lightweight building material for creating hinged or bi-fold garage doors, carport too short for overhead doors
Just acquired a property for our son to rent, needs TLC. My problem today is finding a way to create doors for the pair of carports that are side by side for some added privacy. The carports are too...
1
1

i forgot to unplug my liftmaster after testing it and shorted the board
My door stopped working. I assumed that it was the wheel assembly. Upon inspection I noticed that the upper pin had come loose. So, I fixed it and tested it. Worked ok. I then forgot to disconnect...

how do I adjust chain tension on a Stanley garage door opener with chain/cable drive with no tensioner bolt on the trolley?
No further details provided

How do I add windows to my 1970's wooden garage doors?
The doors have raised panel frames with recessed panel centers, four across each section. I would like to cut out the flat section in the centers and put in plexiglass or safety glass. This would give...
1
1

Craftsman 1/2HP 315 Mhz Garage Door Opener, now over five years old.
The saftey-beam when interrupted with door open for a while no longer turns lights on of my Craftsman 1/2HP 315 Mhz Garage Door Opener. It is over five years old. However, saftey beam does stop door...

The cord from my garage door opener to the outlet on the garage ceiling is 2 inches too short. What can I do?
The manual says not to use an extension cord. Can I use a surge protector instead? Can I loosen the screws on the outlet so the outlet will hang down a few more inches?
4
4

garage door opener will go down all the way and comes right back up.
I adjusted travel and tension still nothing
2
2

I have a Stanley garage open that is chain and cable drive it seems that the chain awfully loose.
Is there an adjustment to this model of garage opener?

Stanley 3100-4 garage door opener with a circuit board #2833-02 does not work after storm damage
I have a Stanley 3100-4 opener with a circuit board #2833-02 and the unit does not work at all after some storm damage. This is a old chain drive unit and I can not seem to locate a replacement board....
2
2