Stanley D 1000 A05 Beam Sensors

Have you used the Digi-Code Universal Safety Beam Sensor Replacement Kit CR-2149 (123 REMOTES sells those) by any chance ? It is a universal beam sensor but the install procedure for Stanley has an additional step: <q>Clip the BLACK jumper wire sticking out of the back of the new receiver unit.</q>

Did you do that?

Also, do you see both red LEDs, in the sender as well as the receiver? The red LED on the sender is on all the time when power is ON, only the receiver's LED is an actual alignment indicator. The door behaves as it would when the sensors are not aligned, that why I ask.

Reply to
homeowners

Replaced beam sensors with universals from 123 REMOTES because the old ones got wet, sender led became milky. Wired the new ones in as per instructions. Now the door will not close automatically. The button has to be held in until the door is closed. The beam sensors are lined up but when the opener is operating it flashes until closed then stays solid. Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Reply to
Anonymous

I did clip the black wire when I installed. Both LEDs are visible until the opener is operated. That is when receiver LED flashes. Next step, I suppose, is to have the sensors within inches of each other. But if that doesn't work, is it in the sensors or opener. Thanks.

Reply to
Anonymous