Moderated forums

Hope J. Clarke sees this- I think he was the one who left me a helpful message (in the Across the Usenet thread) about where to find Moderated Forums. Unfortunately I hit a wrong button and erased it. So if you see this, amigo, could you repost?

Thanks!

Persephone

Reply to
Persephone

You are using Agent. Open Online|Sample Headers From Selected Groups and do it. It will reload as many recent msgs as you specify in the dialog.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

This what you need?

costs ten bucks or so a year, but no binaries.

has binaries and a variety of programs depending on how much you intend to download every month--it's 40 bucks a year for 10 gig a month. There's a list of free-access news servers at
are two kinds of "moderated forums".

There are moderated newsgroups, accessible via any NNTP server that carries them--newsguy would have most of them as would news.individual.net--there are not many of those and they tend not to be very active though.

There are also moderated Web based forums-- is one example (they claim to be the largest and are likely the most active) specific to gardening, but if you google "gardening forum" (without the quotation marks) you'll find a very large number of others.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Great!k Much obliged.

Persephone