Subject Author Posted Replies

Electrical Connection Technique (A Woodworking Tool Is Involved)
Keeping this relevant to the wRec, the following video shows us how to replace the power cord on a circular saw. If you start at 4:30, you will see a technique for creating a "ring connector" from the...
63
63

Beaver Rockwell 14 inch bandsaw 3300 model - Tires
I have a 14 inch Beaver Rockwell 3300 bandsaw. The tire on the drive wheel has lost its adhesion to the wheel and so I need to either re-adhere it or outright replace it. I have a some questions and...
3
3

Thread checker
This tool is sort of on the fringe of this newsgroup, but I never saw it before today. It's gotta be doable for (much?) less than $50. You can treat it as a "Guess what it's for" post! : ) I thought...
10
10

Old School Woodworking - making fan blades in 1941
This is a documentary no the manufacturing of 45 fan blades for the N.A.C.A. (forerunner to NASA) wind tunnels, circa 1941. A lot of "the skill is in the operator, not the machine". Fifteen minutes...

walnut price
Ran across some walnut and I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not. Walnut here retails for about 8-10 a bd ft. This stuff is: wet (been drying for 6 months), stickered and stored in a big metal shed....
5
5

Tailor's Clapper and Point Presser
Here's something very easy that will likely make anybody in your life who sews clothing and doesn't have one very happy. I went to buy one of those things and they're close to 40 bucks. It's about 16...
3
3

Finally got the widows in the patio!
Still have some interior and exterior detail/finish work to do, but we're finally enclosed. I had to wait almost 2 months for the window system. ( But they are in and work great.
11
11

Recommendation For First Circular Saw
I'd second the vote for a jigsaw. It's just a more versatile tool. But get her a good one. While the barrel-grip Bosch are very good if she has small hands she might prefer a top-handle.
60
60

Actual Woodworking
So in the interest of actually displaying some woodworking... ;~) My wife and I visited North Canton Ohio for Thanksgiving. We were hosted by our new other half in-laws. In particular our daughter...
3
3

Vintage Saw Mill Owners - Is This a Dinging Table for Blades ?
I bought a tool that I'm told is for hammering very large blades. Wondering if you've ever seen a beast like this thing ??? Originally thought this was a manual rail road switch. Below is a link for...

You people are still here?
I don't know how many years it's been since I quit trying to keep up with this group, but geez you're a tenacious bunch. Every other newsgroup I ever followed is deader than a door nail, but this one...
30
30

Shiming collets in a table router???
Yeah, I'm going go buy a pistol cleaning kit to clean my router collet. Give me a break. Just get a can of solvent at Ace and use a toothbrush.
19
19

Rockwell 315 circular saw switch
And of course everyone's newsreader sees all articles at the same time, and reads them in reverse order. Duh. Do you understand how Usenet works? One of these:
14
14

Best Image Posting Site
The first time I clicked that link on my Chromebook I got this screen: The second time I clicked that link (seconds after the first time) I got your page.
19
19

Happy Thanksgiving - Turkey Build
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours! After the bird is in the oven, run out to the shop and build one of these. It'll be done before dinner.