Beaver Rockwell 14 inch bandsaw 3300 model - Tires

I have a 14 inch Beaver Rockwell 3300 bandsaw.

The tire on the drive wheel has lost its adhesion to the wheel and so I need to either re-adhere it or outright replace it. I have a some questions and if anyone can offer help or comments it would be much appreciated.

  1. Can anyone recommend a supplier of a tire? I'm in Ottawa Canada so a North American source is best.

  1. Does the drive wheel tire need to be crowned? Are crowned tires even available?

  2. What is the best way to re-glue the tire now on the wheel, double sided tape, or a glue?

Thanks for any comments,

John

Reply to
john stau

Are your wheels crowned?

Contact cement if the tires are rubber.

Spalted Walt

Hi Walt, Thanks very much for the help.

  1. the steel wheels are not crowned, but the rubber tires are.
  2. I think I'll try and re glue the tire but Lee Valley is just down the road so I will also look at new tires as well.

Thanks again, john

Reply to
john stau

I bought replacement urethane tires for my Delta 14 inch bandsaw, they did not require any gluing of the tires. Similar to these.

Markem