Parts for Powermatic Model 141 Bandsaw

I just bought my first "real" bandsaw, a powermatic model 141. (If realness is measured by the pound). I need a few minor parts for it. Does anyone have any sources? I have the users manual so I know the part #'s.

Also does anyone have any experience with the no-glue urathane bandsaw tires? Are they worth the 40 bucks I've seen them advertised for.

Reply to
Sparky

Sure, Acme Electric, Tool Crib of the North, Fargo ND. 1-800-437-4100 Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Sparky! My new main man! I just got one myself. Yesterday as a matter of factual. Started out the day not owning it/not even considering owning it/didn't even know it existed and by 8:30 AM I was driving along with it in the back of the WrangleHauler. By mid-day I had anointed it Neander Buddy No.1.

I'm still wrestling with the weight both physically and mentally. According to the catalog these top out in the 350 range *crated* with all the accoutrements (stand and motor). I did manage to get it from the back of the Jeep onto the garage floor solo but I'm waiting until Kevin (neighbor up the street of enormous size and stature) gets home to give me a hand getting it into the basement. Did you notice the cast iron in these dudes? 3/8" thick and all the way from the top of the stand to the top of the machine.

So what are you looking for? Reason I ask is I typically begin networking after I get a new (to me) machine and mine is pretty much complete (sans fence, miter (mitre David) gage (gauge David). I'm really not in the want/need mode for either so don't think I'll be getting pointy elbowed with you. One part I do need is the pin that aligns the table at the blade slot. I'm figuring that this would be easily gotten from the ConglomCo Jet/Powermatic/Insert Name of Additional Chiwanese Manufacturers Here and should be much more than $10-$20??? I mean, a tapered pin, what can that cost? :-)

As for other parts and pieces I'll be setting up a permanent watch on eBay, over on the OWWM and other prime locations on Al Gore's Wunderful Whirled Wild Web. Anyway, four eyes are better than two so ping me back privately (should you like/my address isn't munged) and let's compare notes.

snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Powermatic advertised these machines as "quick change tires" and from my brief inspection (yesterday whilst cleaning out the other man's sawdust) I couldn't come up with anything as to what the difference was between them (the Powermatic tires) and tires I've seen on other saws. The $40 rubbers you've seen, those the red/orange polyurethane? $40 sounds pretty reasonable to me.

UA100, also in need of a manual/parts drawing for his 1983 vintage Model 141...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Reply to
Bob Bowles

You guys are great! Thanks for all the helpful info. I'm sure I'll be back when I get this sucker up and running with some tuning problems. I've got two bandsaw books but nothing beats experience!

Reply to
Sparky

The date on the back of my manual/parts list is 1980. Think it'll work for you?

Reply to
Sparky

You might want to check first to see if you can GET parts as Powermatic changed ownership and I ran into that problem with a much newer shaper than your bandsaw...

Reply to
George

Parts are available. You just need to know where to look.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100