walnut price

Ran across some walnut and I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not. Walnut here retails for about 8-10 a bd ft.
This stuff is:     wet (been drying for 6 months), stickered and stored in a big metal shed.     5/4" Rough - 1 1/8" thick.
He's selling it for $7 a SQUARE foot which works out to ~6.22 a bd. ft.
I think it's on the high side since it has to be stored and dryed properly before it could be used. I haven't seen the wood so I don't know if it's as good as he says it is.
Any opinions?

Depends on figuring for me. More interesting grain pattern, $6.22 a board foot is about the middle of what I would pay.
On 12/15/2018 12:43 PM, Markem wrote:

It all depends on where you are at. It could be a good price or a bad price. You need to shop the competition in your area.
FWIW about 8 years ago Swingman and I bought 15+ 4x4x96 walnut fence posts for $3 each. That was in Arkansas, hundreds of miles from where we would normally buy walnut.
On 12/15/18 11:43 AM, Markem wrote:

Middle of the road pricing for me as well. Bought on line and shipped here from the midwest.
Air dried is better IMO, better color. It all really comes down to the grain, color, figure, defects (and all the other qualities that fit for your project style).
If I was local and could see it in person, I'd certainly check it out.
-BR
On Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 10:55:11 AM UTC-6, sawdustmaker wrote:

It's $7 a bd ft, once planed for building something. That's about average price.

Eastern walnut or Ca. (claro) walnut? I would think claro walnut would be of the higher price range for the eastern US market.
Sonny