Subject Author Posted Replies

Need condensatori or capacitor for mini max bandsaw
I have a 230 volt single phase 1.8 hp mini max S45 band saw and am looking for a capacitor the name plate on the motor says its a 35 MF but I have not been able to find that number on the comar sites...
12
12

OT: Foot traffic on HardieBacker 1/2 on OSB
I'm installing tile in our front room and I have to work in sections and ha ve to do it over time. Some people (not a lot) will continue to come in and out of the house. My question is kind of odd but...
8
8

Teras M42 and Tersa HSS Properties Explained
M42 Tersa knife blades are a grade of high speed steel with a high content of cobalt in the alloy. It is less brittle than carbide steels. Similar to nickel in hardness and durability Cobalt increases...

used fay egan lathe on cl
lathe/ Any Thoughts? Good buy or not. I've been looking for awhile to get a used lathe. Thanks https://wichita.craigslist.org/tls/d/wichita-fay-egan-wood-
3
3

Ping: Leon! Leveling Feet
What leveling feet were you bragging about a while back? I may be building a fairly long banquette bench for a client and figured I might need them if the floor's not perfectly flat.
9
9

Now bandsaw - how to move
I just had a bandsaw delivered. I expected it to be delivered upright on a pallet but it's laying down, fastened to a long pallet. It was going to be a problem to move into place but as it is, it's...
41
41

Tree rats must die!!!
So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart...
5
5

OT: How Are Torque Specs Calculated? (Hitch Install)
I put a hitch on my daughter's SUV this morning. There are a total of 6 fasteners. 4 each M10 - 1.25 x 30 Class 10.9 bolts (Class 10.9 is basically Grade 8) 2 each 7/16 x 14 nuts for a 7/16 x 14...
9
9

Portable CNC
Has anyone bought the Shaper Origin yet? I see that the Festool parent company, the one that bought SawStop, has now acquired the Shaper Origin.
14
14

Stabilize bark
I have a nice walnut slab with significant bark and I want to maintain the bark in the finished piece. What can I use to stabilize it? Thinking of epoxy.
7
7

What Are The Marks On These Pieces Of Wood?
On our recent trip to Oregon we walked along the docks in Astoria, right near the original Bumble Bee Tuna cannery on the Columbia River. All of the wood on the docks, the railings and even the...
14
14

OT: Screw Extractor Drill Bit Guide
I like the technique that this guy uses to extract bolts that have broken off inside of a recessed hole. Spoiler alert! I'll explain the technique after the link if you don't want to watch the video....
3
3

Dovetails to assm. boards for raised garden
I just got done making a raised garden, and it was work! The biggest problem was the final assm. of the end pieces to the long pieces with the 4x4 attached with structural screws. Went to Home Depot...
9
9

Constant shop vac filter clog
I'm tired of the sawdust induced filter in my shop vac and decided it's time to get a better filter, which I assume there isn't anything to stop sawdust clogging, or make a cyclone separator. Thus,...
31
31

Finishing cedar t&g siding
I need to counsel son on finishing some cedar. He intends to stain it. An y recommendations for a top coat for fade protection? This is a small job ? about 80sf.
2
2