Finishing cedar t&g siding

I need to counsel son on finishing some cedar. He intends to stain it. An y recommendations for a top coat for fade protection? This is a small job ? about 80sf.

Reply to
Gramps' shop

replying to Gramps' shop, ColorLife wrote: Well the first question would be. Is this cedar going to be inside or outside? If it's going outside I would recommend using Penofin stain. It is a high quality stain made to block out harmful UV rays. They also make interior products but I'm not familiar with that line of products. If it is interior I would use a minwax stain and top coat with minwax polycrylic.

Reply to
ColorLife