Tree rats must die!!!

So the Ranger is in the shop, the power steering and a few other things have gone bad. The cause not a manufacturing problem, a squirrel has chewed through the cables for the sensors. So a havahart trap and a barrel of water is the solution. That and some copper nickel coated braided sleeve. Warranty does not cover varmint damage, but comprehensive will beyond $500 deductible.
On 6/22/2019 8:29 PM, Markem wrote:

Yeah. Rodents can be a problem. I had something chew up the injector harness on my old Dodge pickup and it cost a bit to set right. Just last week I discovered that something, probably a chipmunk, and chewed up some wiring on my utility trailer that I had just re-wired the year before. I didn't have any metal braid but I did put on some heavy split plastic sleeving that I had left over from a computer build to cover the more exposed sections of wiring. Pulling the old wiring and splicing in the replacement bits proved to be a really nasty job since the crappy imported wiring was not really happy being soldered and I couldn't use regular splices because of the way the wires ran through the frame.

A bit more info, seems the wire insulation is Soy based. So another unintended consequence of Green based thinking.

Mice ?
Tree rats are usually a bit smarter ..
John T.
On Sat, 22 Jun 2019 21:09:09 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

No we have some young ones, some light strings I had on the back patio got chewed to. That young one has signed death warrants for he and his kin.
"Markem" wrote in message

Sounds familiar... A few years back a woodchuck chewed the wires on one of the oxygen sensors in my car. It was the lower one and not readily visible. The computer diagnostics were useless as it was throwing all kinds of random codes. They tried another computer in the car but had the same results. It was a $400+ car repair plus the cost of a new larger Havahart trap... In a residential neighborhood where gun shots are legally frowned upon. The woodchuck died regardless.