Greenfly on sweet peas

I had a bad infestation (on sweet peas) so I drenched them in soapy water. The greenfly were washed away, but now the plants look scaly and yellowy-white. The flower stems are very short and the buds tiny and tight. Some have dropped off. A week later now, I have drenched them with fresh water to get the soap out. They look no different. Should I just cut off all the flower stems to make new ones grow? No flowers have come yet on any of the plants but we are late here anyway. I just have all tight buds.

Reply to
Tufty

Clicking on "new thread" is just how to do it. You are in edible gardening, where else did you want it to be?

Many fruit trees have it in them to become alternate year bearing if they have a heavy year, or run of heavy years, and feel the need to recover. Next time it looks like your tree is heavy laden, perhaps thin it a bit.

You can also lose most of your fruit in a given year if there is a dry spell or a frost at just the wrong time.

Reply to
echinosum

In the S. Sound near Mt Rainier, I had plenty of bees since early May, mostly Bumbles and Masons working the early flowering trees. Thick as thieves right now on the Cones, Lavender, Oregano and Marjoram. However this years cool wet weather did cause a bit of brown blossom rot to come out on the cherry and plums, also lots of Powdery Mildew settled on the Hazelnuts and Blackberries. Saw signs else where from the Quinault area south to Oly.

Gunner