Need condensatori or capacitor for mini max bandsaw

I have a 230 volt single phase 1.8 hp mini max S45 band saw and am looking for a capacitor the name plate on the motor says its a 35 MF but I have not been able to find that number on the comar sites I have visited ( Comar is the mfg. of the capacitor. Can anybody help?

Reply to
Terry

The manufacturer, comes to mind???

Reply to
dpb

So you are looking for 35 Milli Farad capacitor, voltage rating is also important, do you have the owners manual? motor manufacturer? Is the voltage rating on the capacitor?

Digikey would probably have a cap that would work

Markem

Look also for 35 uf, 35 mfd or 35 mf in the voltage range needed. Don't work about the brand name. Carefully remove the leads from the existing capacitor, short out the terminals to discharge it. Measure it and compare its size to the ones you find advertised.

If you cannot do this, don't mess with it further. Get someone who knows what they are doing to make the repair.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Is it something like this or does it have only two connections? Finding a capacitor should be relatively trivial but, in my experience, finding one that fits perfectly in the provided space can be tricky.

If you can examine (carefully,with the mains disconnected!) the existing capacitor and can find the manufacturers name and model your work should be simple.

Reply to
John McGaw

Interesting that he's said the manufacturer's name and two answers say "find out the manufacturer's name". The manufacturer's name that he mentioned is "Comar", which is an Italian manufacturer of motor and lighting capacitors.

Reply to
J. Clarke

MF = Micro Farad.

Motor capacitors are common, just find a 35MF (or more likely 35uF) capacitor of the same or higher voltage (should be listed on the part), most important is finding one that will fit.

-BR

Reply to
Brewster

You might try asking "Len":

or, try posting your question in another web forum...

Spalted Walt

Ahh. I took Comar to be the maker of the saw itself.

Reply to
John McGaw

Mark H

Or: