Semi OT Latestbunch of idiots.

since domestic freezers represent at the most a few hundred MW and the peaks and troughs are of the order of 10GW, once again harry, HOW?

It's down to you to show how,. if you say it can be done. Its not down to us to simply take your word for it, especially when pretty much everytime you post, its to post a bare faced lie.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They are of no real value at all. The value is perceived only by half wits. If everyone had a few they would be ten a penny. The price of marbles. But you canplay a game with marbles. so even less useful.

Good for the angle grinder.

Reply to
harryagain

domestic hot water heating is at the most 1Kwh per day and for most of us its a lot less.

Most people do it by night on cheap rate anyway. If they do it at all.

50W * 20million houses.. AT MOST 1GW

probably less than 200MW.

none of which actually impact the main draw on te grid which is that by day millions of people wake up, switch on the lights, but bread in the toaster, make a cup of coffee, get into their cars drive to the statoon catch and electric train to work, where the lights aircon and computers are all fired up...or take the kids to school where the same is happening, or go shopping, where the same is happening. Or stay at home and vaccime te carperts, ruins te dishwasher, washing machine, pressure wash their cars etc etc.

You only need to look at the Christmas period. With everybody AT HOME watching TV, cooking turkeys and washing babysick off their clothes, electricity demand DROPS by almost 10GW!!

Its similar at weekends. Its the useless scum in the public sectorr in their make believe jobs, and assholes like you selling solar panels that pushed the limits during the working week daytime.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe you ought to get read up some.

harryagain

Bwahahahah.

You dont actually believe that do you?

Next thing you will be telling me that fuel rods go to sellafield where te uranium and plutonium will be extracted for re-use.

I mean, who believes that people really do these things! By your account,. not you.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

True. But we can manage without them.

Reply to
harryagain

Harry we have told you a dozen times.

You seem unable to listen.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wednesday 31 July 2013 17:06 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

The only simple minded people are people like you.

If this country had told people like you to f*ck off and had continued its nuclear development, we would be one of the relatively few countries at the forefront of nuclear power engineering.

So not only would we be developing cleaner and more manageable types of plant, but we would be consulting for others. Rather like the Japanese and the French are doing for us right now.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ah as from generating stations where the capital cost is long written off?

Now include the cost from new power stations where the owners want their investment back fast, burning fuel that will be double the price in five years.

Reply to
harryagain

Not s**te at all - where do you draw the line? I know for a stone fact there are some who would not balk at child labour in mines.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

On Wednesday 31 July 2013 17:56 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

If you want to not have one of 1000's of industrial processes that need them.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You bought Cadmium telluride cells? The least eco-friendly form of solar power, one which is completely unable to scale to the needs of a global market because increasing CdTe production by more than a 1000 fold would exhaust all of the tellurium every produced or that could be produced.

The title of this thread is right, you are a k*****ad who has no idea what is happening.

And then there's the toxicity of Cadmium.

You can imagine what you like, CdTe will never be a "large and profitable industry" there's not enough to go round.

More lies harry. The problem is resolved, it's just fuckwits like you (temporarily) delaying the implementation.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Reply to
Tim Streater

Plenty of people have that opinion. You are the minority.

Only because we are in a reccession, demand is down.

Reply to
harryagain

The basis of that article seems to be the discredited Hubbert peak oil hypothesis. The big flaw in that was the assumption that levels of recoverable oil remain fixed. It was a workable assumption in the 1950s, when oil prices had been falling, in real terms, for decades. It failed to take into account that the amount of recoverable oil varies according to price and available technology.

The best illustration of that is the USA which, according to the article, has followed the Hubbert curve and which has, until recently, been the only successful peak oil prediction. However, with recent advances in extraction techniques, the USA now has massive new recoverable reserves, which means it has not, in fact, followed the Hubbert curve.

That illustrates the ephemeral nature of energy crises very well. However, it also makes the mistake of accepting the peak oil hypothesis.

There are similar cases in history for wood, around the time of the Black Death and again in the 17th century as deforestation for agriculture reduced supply, and for coal, particularly during the Napoleonic Wars. One thing the historical cases demonstrate is that as one energy source becomes more expensive, we turn to a different one. The obvious choice for today is nuclear power.

Perhaps you should read rather more widely than simply finding Wikipedia entries that appear to support your own views.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I've no idea. I found it odd that it didn't have its own batteries, but I have no idea at all how much power it used.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

See my other reply to you, detailing the flaw in the peak oil hypothesis.

No mention there of the obvious alternative - nuclear power.

Would you now like to answer the question asked?

You really don't have any idea do you Harry?

When demand for oil increases, prices are predicted to fall. As I have already told you, the high prices prior to the recession prompted a large investment in new oil exploration, recovery and, most important given the lead time to to build it, refining. That means that the industry has a massive over capacity and is not operating at maximum efficiency. An increase in demand will bring production costs down and, as a result of all the investment, there is no chance that demand will outstrip supply in the foreseeable future.

As for coal, the reason it is so cheap is that today open cast mining has largely replaced deep mining and open cast is a lot cheaper.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Bit on the topic here

harryagain

I can't use it without electricity.

Reply to
harryagain

Of course not, he has a grid supply so he can get 50p a unit for "exporting".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice