Painting Egg Shell Finish over Semi-Gloss

Would there be any problems painting over Semi-Gloss with an Egg Shell finish?

Reply to
Anthony Lisanti

No, just be sure it is clean. I did just that a few weeks ago.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I wouldn't eat the eggs after painting them!

(Happy Easter egg hunting!)

Reply to
Mark

Not at all. Just be sure to use a good quality paint. If you are switching colors, a tinted primer never hurts.

Edwin's advice about making sure it's clean is an excellent recommendation.

Reply to
JohnnyC

tint primer slightly different color than final finish, makes painting easier

semi gloss is easier to keep clean and more durable too

Reply to
hallerb