Semi OT Latestbunch of idiots.

You haven't told me even once. Clearly your dementia is troubling you (again). There is not one working long term high level nuclear waste repository up and running. Quite a few failed projects. Here you go shit for brains.

Yet you know the answers? Everything simple to the simple minded. Why don't you take up knitting & then you can be expert at something at least.

Reply to
harryagain

Well find one that supports yours. You live in the land of wishful thinking. I suspect you have been brainwashed. All resources are finite.

And until/if we can make fusion power work we are up shit creek without renemables.

And you still haven'texplained where/how we dispose of nuclear waste.

And BTW wikipedia isaccepted as one of the most acurate sources of information on technical subjects as it is constantly updated.

harryagain

We are talking jewelry here.

I did mention angle grinders

Reply to
harryagain

The difference being that the nuclear radiation disasters will go on killing people and the others are one-offs.

Reply to
harryagain

What drivel. In times of low demand plant is shut down and people are laid off. Exploration is cut back/stopped. They still need to make money. Only a small shortfall in supply of essentials causes a massive price rise. Sometimes initiated deliberately. As back in the 1970's

Aren't you aware of the laws of supply and demand? Elementary stuff.

harryagain

Turning off 25M of them is the same as having another pumped storage hydroelectric plant. Without the need to use the energy to pump it back up.

Reply to
dennis

More bollocks.

Reply to
Steve Firth

That's a lie. It has been explained to you over and over again that vitrification has been in use for the last 20 years. It is a well understood technology that is commonplace. Kurion has treated more than

26,000 tonnes of waste using vitrification.

You're talking utter bollocks again Harry. You have been given this information before and each time you repeat the same old lies.

I note that you completely failed to address the issue of you plastering your roof with toxic waste that will *never* become safe to handle.

Typical Eco-mentalist.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Ah, which people are those then, harry? You referring to the no people killed or injured at TMI, the (possibly) one killed at Fukushima and none injured, and the (source: WHO) 75 or so killed from Chernobyl and

4000 possible thyroid cases (caused by Communist intransigence)? Or are there others we don't know about?

Or are you just making it up as you go along again? -> #moreharrylies

Reply to
Tim Streater

Sorry I didn't make it clear for the hard of thinking that I was only refering (in keeping with the context) to the water heating part of our E7 use.

Do you think that 50 to 60 kWHr/day at night rate, in winter, enough justify the E7 tarrif? Mind you the day rate is only 16.08 and there "ordinary" tariffs at or above that...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I have more, if you want.

Discussed here

Already explained to you, in detail, by several people.

In fact, it has been found to be generally no less reliable than other sources, but that does not make it infallible. The main weakness of its editing model is what is proposed as one of its strengths; it depends upon a consensus among the editors. If the general consensus is wrong, then Wikipedia is wrong. Dr. Barry Marshall and Dr. Robin Warren won a Nobel prize for disproving the general consensus about the viability of bacteria in stomach acid, but before their work was accepted Wikipedia would, wrongly, have shown that no bacteria could survive in human stomach acid.

The other problem with Wikipedia is that a large pressure group can overwhelm the efforts of others to correct their misconceptions and many green issues are a prime example of that.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

The only certain one-off is Chernobyl, although we can hope that Banqiao was also. The rest are supported by decades of statistics, unless you think that no dam will ever fail again and that nobody is ever going to fall off tall structures, like wind generator towers, or a roof, when fitting solar panels (0.4 deaths per TWh).

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Which one has done that?

The smog from coal carried on killing people for decades after the clean up. Wind turbines will kill people for decades.

Reply to
dennis

Having studied economics as part of my engineering degree, I have much better sources than that. However, you are making generalisations based upon your own assumptions and the oil industry does not work the way you think.

The oil industry works on very long time scales, so it does not reduce exploration just because demand drops away for a relatively short period. By the same token, neither does it make massive investments in new drilling or new refineries just because demand is rising. It needs a long period of sustained and sustainable growth to justify major capital projects, such as new refineries. If they get the timing wrong and demand exceeds the capacity of existing refineries, that leads to temporary shortages and very high prices. That was the situation we were in just before the recession - lots of capital projects in hand because of earlier growth. Those projects have now been completed and we now have the capacity for far greater production than is required now or for the foreseeable future and that means it is not running efficiently. A rise in demand will improve efficiency and reduce the cost of production, resulting in oil prices going down. It is quite simple, if you actually understand the economics.

BTW you still have not answered the question: what evidence do you have that renewable energy sources will ever be as cheap as other methods of generation?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Well you need to get your bills out and see your total electricity usage over a whole year. (Not just Winter heating period) See what it would it would have cost you for the normal rate (which is less than the day rate on E7 here with me anyway.). You need an awful lot of night use to make any profit out of E7 (Even with night storage heaters it may not be viable.) So you need to do the sums, especially if your house is highly insulated or you have other electric stuff on by day. No-one can say without actually doing the sums.

I have an E7 meter but I don't use it as I only have the fridge/freezers on by night.

Reply to
harryagain

Sad if true. Don't suppose we'll ever know.

Reply to
harryagain

There is more poison in your computer.

Noted you still haven't explained how you know the answers to problems that baffle the best minds on the planet.

Reply to
harryagain

My we are desperate to cling to one's illusions. If you suspect some item is spurious in Wikipedia, check elsewhere. The fact that you don't lends credence to the idea that you are susceptable to fiction and propaganda. Most topics in Wikipedia give references at the end. If there are any contra-views, it is usually mentioned. Has it ever even crossed your mind that you are just wrong?

I have always found Wikipedia to be pretty good on technical topics.. Bad information doesn't last long.

Reply to
harryagain

You're not very clever are you? If a wind turbine falls on someone's head they can be killed. End of story.

A Chernobyl event goes on shortening people's lives for decades.

Reply to
harryagain

Oh? Explain.

Reply to