Semi OT Latestbunch of idiots.

You aware of (m)any that work at 600 psi?

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, but I'm aware of quite a few that work at 600+psi :)

Reply to
The Other Mike

Where 600+ equals 800, right?

Reply to
Steve Firth

If it was that easy/successful,we would be doing it. The idea was thought of years ago and rejected. Both undersea and on land. For a start the waste container would never stand the process.

Dunno why you don't spend ten seconds doing a search before you come up with stupid ideas.

Reply to
harryagain

Well if you read what you posted you would have noticed that its actually supporting dumping in subduction zones.

Reply to
dennis

Except that it is contrary to international marine treaties.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

By politicians, as usual.

Rubbish. They're solid glass encased in steel and concrete.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Dopey treaties, eh. There are some 10,000 merchant ships and 1100 U-boats at the bottom of the sea. If they are worried about pollution its a bit late.

Reply to
Tim Streater

And IIRC at least one Russian nuclear sub. Allegedly.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Do you not know the meaning of the word "rebuttal"?. It's in the heading.

It means reasons why the idea is not feasible.

Clearly your comprehansion is not good. Lie down and take a pill. It may pass.

Reply to
harryagain

Why do you suppose they would withstand this geological process? They would be ground to dust even if it were possible to do it.

BTW glass is not "solid"

You don't actually have much of an education do you? This BTW is yet another reason why vitrifiaction is a dodgy method of dealing with nuclear waste.

Reply to
harryagain

Dust eh. Very funny. Stuff you drop into the trench gets covered with silt and debris in the normal way of things at the bottom of the ocean. Over time it get subducted into the mantle and gets mixed with the other radioactive stuff in the mantle. Nothing particularly strange about that.

Who cares.

Much better than you, that much is clear.

What is another reason?

Reply to
Tim Streater

As soon a kiddy turns off the power to a whole town they will be turned off. The USA is already starting to panic as they have found that their water and power system are easily hackable fro the net

zaax

We had an oxygen concentrator (for son) that was run from the mains however it had a battery backup and if necessary we could go onto cylinder oxygen (one, maybe two, days) then as a fourth "line of defense" we could go to ANY hospital that had oxygen . Say 36~60 hours without power

Dialysis machines I have no idea about.

Can't imagine that I would be happy at thousands being spent so the .001% can get power when everyone else in the area is switched off.

Reply to
soup

You think it's justlike a big whirlpool?

Heh heh. You are incredibly thick.

Reply to
harryagain

Where do you get "whirlpool" out of what I wrote? You do like making it up as you go along.

Reply to
Tim Streater

hes watched the 'Pirates of the Carribean', and thought it was a factual account.

Dont worry, harry, Davey Jones puts it in his locker and looks after it forever.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

ROTFL

Reply to
bert

I'm just wondering what you think a subduction zone looks like and why you think you can feed nuclear waste into it.

You have some crazy ideas in your head so nothing would surprise me.

Reply to
harryagain

Is that so?

harryagain