DIY Coffin

Must remember: Need baffles in the coffin.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

From recent personal experience of organising a cremation, most crematoria are now signing up to a system called the Wesley Music Library, which is a collaboration of e-music held at different crems, and allows music to be transferred between them as and when required, if it's not available locally - at ours we were advised it was not permitted to use anything else due to the high risk of incompatible formats etc.

Check out your local crem here:

at the listing for ours, I have to say we were sorely tempted to select the theme tunes for "Dad's Army" and "Dr Who", with Tom Jones' "Sex Bomb" to conclude the proceedings.

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Lobster writes

Mother in law went off to the strains of *always look on the bright side of life*.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Sounds like another money making racket to me.

Reply to
the_constructor

Which I believe is in the 'top three' for popularity on these occasions. 'My Way' is another.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ah. I'm familiar with the phenomenon, but not by that name. Nor, personally, on that scale. Blowflies like to speed it up IIRC, and I've even heard of lead coffins from the _Roman_ period having liquefied bodies

Perhaps not the ideal greeting in the circumstances...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

My uncle said those stories came in very useful for diverting an over-inquisitive tax inspector.

Reply to
Ian White

Aha. There's my favourite usenet post of the month...

I suppose watertight bulkheads would be over-egging it?

Reply to
Jules

Shortly before leaving the UK I was asked to conduct a funeral at SW Middlesex Crem which uses this system, and very impressive it is too. The office puts the (say) four tracks into the system and at the desk you have a green button to start the next one and a red button if you want to fade it out before the end. The choice is amazing: IIRC something like eight different renditions of "My way".

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Cat litter

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Well, other than the crem fee there was nothing itemised for music, and no reduction in cost if you wanted a music-free service (like the one auntie had many years ago).

Reply to
Lobster

Sorry, ambulance speak.

'Some' being a variable apparently.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

There's a liner in the willow.

Those are bagged, even when they're in wood. It's easier to seal a bag than to seal wood.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Was that her choice, or yours?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I can honestly say I was very fortunate in the initial decision and following 40 years.

Dementia intervened but *life of Brian* certainly appealed to her sense of humour.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

The message from Tim S contains these words:

Think of the problems in North America where they have to try to make it look recognisable and presentable in order to avoid the "indignity" (to their way of thinking) of a "closed casket"

Reply to
John MacLeod

Angels by Robbie Williams must be the third choice then.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Close...

mum chose Dave Brubeck's wonderful "Take Five" to conclude my Dad's cremation, as he was a pianist and it was one of his favorites. And one of mine, too - but for me, now ruined for ever! :-(

David

Reply to
Lobster

A good name for an undertakers would be "Bury and Burns Ltd"

It is quite catchy.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

My father-in-law's choice has made me morose every time I see a Hovis advert...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ