DIY Coffin

I suspect that he chose that piece because it is known as 'Coming home'.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've been trying to remember. The largo from Dvorák's "New World"? I'm darnn sure he knew.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Be morose no more. A very good friend of mine who went blind with diabetes died at quite an early age, taught me a a lot about computers, had that played at his funeral as the vicar pushed the button for the casket to start it's last journey. I thought it was a very good choice by his parents.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Bill planned his own funeral. He had plenty of warning.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy Champ

I remember watching a documentary many years ago about a young guy who knew he was going to die (Aids, IIRC) and planned everything down to the last detail - you really had to admire him. I can't remember all the details clearly now, but ISTR his coffin was painted to look like a large can of heinz baked beans, and very many other things designed to get the mourners smiling. Oh yes, they all had to come in very bright colours - definately no black. However, one of his instructions which the undertakers just couldn't bring themselves to do was, just as the curtains have drawn behind the coffin, he wanted a white gloved hand to poke back through the curtains and wave goodbye.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Undertaker OK (after all they are dead). Dentist OK (technical challenge). I couldn't be a chiropodist. A never ending supply of smelly manky feet (thery rarely see a good foot). That's the big yuk for me!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Bob Mannix coughed up some electrons that declared:

Gynecologist? Sooner or later, you *will* get one of these:

it is now safe to reinsert your breakfast)

Reply to
Tim S

That's a face, not a crotch. Possibly.

Reply to
Jules

Jules coughed up some electrons that declared:

But think of the inferenences. Or better, don't!

Reply to
Tim S

D'you think that's what's meant by "face like a melted welly"?

Owain

Reply to
Owain