DIY Coffins?

In Corrie recently, one of the characters who was dying, made arrangements for a DIY coffin to be delivered.
Does anyone know if these things are really available, and where from?
--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

?
If it's a DIY coffin you DIY!
Before the event of course - or for somebody else.
Mary
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:08:35 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
I guess we could have a whip round for IMM/DrKnobHead or whatever he has transmogrified to this week. D'ya think he would take the hint?
Andrew
--
Please note that the email address used for posting
usenet messages is configured such that my antispam

Might have guessed you'd have come up with something like that!(:-)
It was a self assembly coffin, but as I'm sure you never watch Corrie you wouldn't have known!
I wonder if MFI stock them, or that dutch company?
I haven't seen them in B&Q yet, just a matter of time I suppose.

I'm thinking of getting one for myself!
--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net
Alan Holmes wrote:

Eccentric welsh landlady of my student lodgings spent a bit of a sum burying her mother and thought it prudent to buy her own coffin for when her own time comes. Placed it in the middle of the living room as a coffee table. A Japanese TV company thought this strange enough (as if there weren't enough strange things already in Japan) to send a TV film crew to capture this as a newsworthy article on how the Brits prepare for the inevitable. :-)
--
Adrian

In wht way, apart from taking in students, was she eccentric?
of my student lodgings spent a bit of a sum

Mary Fisher wrote:

Off planet type interests... Never mind, she had a good heart to put up with the nonsense that taking in 5 students (large house) alongside her family.
--
Adrian

Oh come on!
You're talking to an old woman (who some folk consider eccentric), I need more information!
Off planet type interests indeed! You mean she believed in God?
Mary
... Never mind, she had a good heart to put up

More than I'd do ...
Mary Fisher wrote:

OK, just star signs and the SDP (at that time also off the Planet)
I don't think Mary you've got any competition out there? :-)
-- Adrian

No ... but I don't do star signs!
I used to sterilise my mead-making equipment with SDP ...
Mary

No change there then.......
--

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You can buy flatpack ones on eBay...

I aim to please...

I'veno idea what Corrie is. Remember, no telly.

Make your own. You don't need anything fancy, it will only be seen once. You could even leave instructions to cover it with a flag! Cardboard is good.
Mary

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 19:01:24 GMT, "Alan Holmes"

You don't need to have a coffin. Cemeteries will accept a body in a shroud. However you can go to the following websites for info on where to purchase coffins from about 50 upwards. http://www.eco-coffins.com / http://www.naturaldeath.org.uk /
Regards Bob
BeeJay wrote:

yesbut then they're not DIY, are they? :-)

where
OK perhaps I can suggest http://www.funeral.org.uk/only.htm :
"Chipboard Coffin 65 No hardwood content. The coffin is supplied without fittings, interior or plate. It is ideal for painting by the customer."
I think that painting it will make it qualify as DIY.
Tony Bryer wrote:

No, must at least be self-assembly with an instruction sheet comprising incomprehensible diagrams and no text or pidgin english, and selection of fastenings not matching in number, size or position the various holes and cutouts in the wooden pieces. Oh, and at least one piece of cardboard which it's unclear whether it's part of the thing you're making or just packaging.
;-)
On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 21:19:27 GMT, John Stumbles

Perhaps IKEA do one with a silly name...
--
Frank Erskine

Popaclog?

LOLALOT!