JCB circular saw

I would suggest that this saw from Argos(or any where else)be avoided. I tried one-- it reminded me of the 1980's Skoda. Crude construction and weak start-up. Other really stupid defects with the saw guide bar. It was that bad that I did not bother testing it on a wood cut. The other one that my selection of expensive blades would fit was the Worx wb150cxl. To my supprise--the little laser light proved useful and it has good power. Had I not considered the amount of waste of buying a saw that my good blades would not fit I could have made a worst choice.

Reply to
pinehouseUK

I would suggest that this saw from Argos(or any where else)be avoided. I tried one-- it reminded me of the 1980's Skoda. Crude construction and weak start-up. Other really stupid defects with the saw guide bar. It was that bad that I did not bother testing it on a wood cut. The other one that my selection of expensive blades would fit was the Worx wb150cxl. To my supprise--the little laser light proved useful and it has good power. Had I not considered the amount of waste of buying a saw that my good blades would not fit I could have made a worst choice.

Reply to
pinehouseUK

I had a JCB jigsaw, it lasted about two weeks! But so cheap it wasn't worth the effort of taking it back...

Reply to
Peter Andrews

I have a JCB sabre saw which I have abused beyond belief over the last 9 months and it still works an absolute treat. I'd recommend it.

Dave

Reply to
David Lang