Coffin Question

I want to build an 'old fashioned" coffin. That is it will be made from pine boards. It will not be rectangular bit will have angled sides. The head and foot ends will be narrower that it will be at the shoulders. I estimate the inside angle where the 2 side boards meet will be 154 degrees. This is almost a butt joint and I am not sure how to join these boards at this point. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Reply to
trvlnmny

It's basically the same as any other carcase joint, just opened up a bit wider. All the usual suspects apply; biscuits, finger joints, dovetails, miter, etc. These could all be reinforced with a glue block, and the miter could be reinforced with a spline or multiple keys.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

Maybe this book from Rockler?

and kits:
DIY info:

John

Butt joints. Joints can be reinforced with straps, inside or out.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Lots of good suggestions here. Seems like a coffin built in 1850 would have had a few nails in it. just wondering, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Robetussin... because that will fix a coffin'.

Reply to
Robatoy

no dump for a week? I'd say you were full of shit. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Remember,

It's not the cough that carries you off, It's the coffin they carry you off in.

Reply to
rtandems

That was pretty good. Not nice, but a pretty good one.

No malice intended, glad you took it as intended......Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Funny is funny. When I do something stupid, I usually laugh the loudest... and often.

Reply to
Robatoy

Wooden nails, split with a froe.

Reply to