Subject Author Posted Replies

Transformer help
Transformer for an mobility scooter, FIL was so bad he couldnt even use it, so it lay dormant for a while and batteries went flat (according to mobility shop) so trying to get it going so I can sell...
27
27

Underfloor heating
Any opinions generally on underfloor heating? In our case we are making our kitchen open plan by removing an interior wall. While mess is being created we thought about underfloor heating running off...
6
6

Spurs on lighting circuits limited?
I've read somewhere that there are limits on the number of spurs allowed on socket radials, but does this apply to lighting circuits? Or can I have a central spine with several radials going off for...
6
6

Restoring sunlight-yellowed plastic
I have a white telephone, which isn't that old, but has become distinctly yellowed by sunlight (unexposed areas remain white). What is your preferred method of restoring the colour? Daniele
6
6

never try...
.................and fit a double double socket with USB sockets into a standard paten box if you have the ring main in and out and a spur to the cooker......tried a £25 MK one and then a chinky £10...
38
38

Sheds: Lean-to type and metal ones
Hello all, My daughter has had an extension built, leaving a new windowless brick wall and a bit of ground inside her boundary, where she would like a shed for b ikes and lawnmower etc. I thought a...
6
6

Solar lights ad - fail
JML are advertising on TV, solar powered PIR lights. Their ad shows at least two instances of the lights fixed tight up under and in the shadow of overhangs, such as porches.
4
4

Reglazing a metal window frame
In the old days I would have reglazed a metal window frame in much the same way as a wooden one: scraped out all the gunge, put a smooth, thin layer of linseed oil putty all around the frame, eased...
17
17

Cheap, Nasty Chinese Floodlights
I bought rather a lot of 100W LED lights from Ebay. Rated as IP65 and very effective for a few weeks. The body is aluminum, with a glass front held on with a light steel "clamp", this is fixed by four...
37
37

Bathroom towel radiator bonding
OK, I can bond the flow and return pipes just above floor level no problem, so they meet requirements to be accessible but can't see how I can bond th e actual towel radiator. All pipework is copper...
7
7

Dripping from condensation on pipes in kitchen
As per title, water is dripping from cold water pipes under a worksurface in cupboards. After drying these pipes water collects on these, finally dripping on items below. Its not doing the cabinets...
15
15

Laminate flooring in kitchen
My local Homebase are selling this off very cheaply (£4 psm). I'm sure it's fine (enough) for the living room, but I was thinking of putting it in the kitchen. I would lay it and then give it a coat...
12
12

Cable OK flying between rafters?
Is it OK for an electric cable to pass through the air between rafters in a gap where people couldnt get and clipped at each end so it couldnt get pulled out of the elec fittings? photo at
8
8

Bathroom Dos & Don'ts
Some useful guidance there. NT http://lolman.ru/20-of-the-most-hilarious-and-weird-bathroom-pics-ever/
2
2

Replacement staircase.
Existing pine string with plywood risers and plasterboard back to hide the wedges. Brown wood stain so lots of work to improve. Budget enquiry for a replacement in Oak with semi open risers starts at...
30
30