Bathroom towel radiator bonding

OK, I can bond the flow and return pipes just above floor level no problem,
so they meet requirements to be accessible but can't see how I can bond th
e actual towel radiator. All pipework is copper all the way, is it really n
ecessary? The tails up to the radiator are around 15" any advice please?
Reply to
peter.fielding
m, so they meet requirements to be accessible but can't see how I can bond the actual towel radiator. All pipework is copper all the way, is it really necessary? The tails up to the radiator are around 15" any advice please?
if it's all copper, bonding one of the pies does bond the towel rail
NT
Reply to
tabbypurr
No requirement to do it in the room. You can bond the pipes outside of the room, or under the floor if its easier / neater.
You can't and there is no requirement to do so. A towel radiator is incapable of bringing a potential into your equipotential zone by itself! (its pipework may be able to, but that is a different thing)
Reply to
John Rumm
In article ,
Interesting. Just how far away is allowed? I ask as all of my system is copper, and all joints soldered - with the exception of connections to pumps and so on.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)
There is not usually a requirement use to supplementary bonding if all electrical circuits in the bathroom have 30mA RCD protection.
Reply to
ARW
I have a feeling that doing it at the point they come out the boiler might be seen as taking the mick ;-) But within "reasonable proximity"[1], should allow for future pipework changes that could interfere with continuity. As Adam says, I don't recall seeing a specific distance quoted.
[1] Something like under a floor adjacent to the other side of the wall etc would be easy to defend.
Reply to
John Rumm

Site Timeline Threads