Earth bonding radiator in bathroom ?

The current radiator in my bathroom is earth bonded with 4mm2 wire, not too sure why as all bathroom pipework is plastic (Osmagold) and there are no electrics in bathroom.

I am fitting a replacement radiator on other side of room, running pipes under floor.

Do I need to earthbond this radiator ?

Nothing else is earth bonded in the bathroom, as all pipes are plastic.

Reply to
Ian_m

So what is it bonded to? What is at the other end of the 4mm cable?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Any metal fitting that is supplied entirely by plastic pipes and not connected to any extraneous metal part does not require supplementary bonding.

out 7671 sec 413 for more details, or look here:

jlspam1

Goes back all the way to the earth bar in the CU. (in the CU there is a wire labelled "bath rad").

My quick test meter gives less than 2.5 Ohm this wire to earth on nearby plug.

Reply to
Ian_m

Sounds like whoever installed it misunderstood the concept of equipotential bonding as well then!

(the somewhat confused phrase "earth bonding" itself is partly the problem - earthing and equipotential bonding are different things).

Reply to
John Rumm

What a waste of time effort and money fitting this cable was. Feel free to reomove it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth