Earth bonding in a bathroom

My pipework is metal and is bonded at the sink in the kitchen but not upstairs in the bathroom. Plastic bath, no electrical outputs in the bathroom except lights (Pull cord) and a shaver socket (Usual BS type)

Having the way open to put cable in, I wish to take a cable upstairs and bond the bathroom pipes.

What size of cable would be recommended?

Reply to
EricP

Have you looked at previous threads on here,concerning this subject ? Its been covered in detail.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Nothing was apparent in the number of posts I have downloaded, or I wouldn't have bothered to ask.

Following your generous pointer, I will set the browser up to load the rest of the stuff in and begin searching.

Thanks.

Reply to
EricP

You'll find lots if you search in Google Groups. Also have a look at

you don't have to bring in an earth from outside (unless the rising water main in in the bathroom in question). Supplementary bonding in a bathroom is about connecting certain accessible exposed metalwork together, so that dangerous 'touch voltages' can't arise.

The size of wire you're most likely to need is 4mm^2.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Thanks Andy. :))

Reply to