Bathroom mirror fixing

Hi all. I will be glueing a bathroom mirror to the wash basin wall soon. However, I removed some tiles a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't very difficult. It seems the tile cement had afixed itself to the emulsion paint only, and merely required a bit of encouragement with a thin screwdriver and 3 @ 20cm x 25cm tiles came off undamaged.

This is a lath & plaster wall but I'm not very keen on the idea of knocking holes in it to insert noggins to match up with the miror drill holes. So should I treat this emulsion with something before No-more-nailsing the mirror to it?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51

Can you not just scrape the emulsion off? Anything you use to cover it over will still leave the unstable interface between the emulsion and plaster, won't it?

BTW don't use "no more nails" - allegedly it can attack the silvering of mirrors so you need to use special mirror adhesive (which you use just like "no more nails").

David

Reply to
Lobster