Subject Author Posted Replies

Plaster crack
Two foot long, about 1" strip next to pvc door. Tap it and it's got that hollow sound. Any easy fixes?
9
9

What do I actually need a TV Licence for?
I am finding the BBC increasingly naff. It spends as much time on adverts for its own programmes as ITV does on commercials. Also it wasted money on things like outside broadcasting where it adds...
4
4

Some Important Dates in World Currency History
Some Important Dates in World Currency History Various sources, 9/22/19, Wall St. Journal No one can say whether digital currencies will one day be the global payment of preference, or whether perhaps...

Garden chairs, or, building the same thing over and over.
I built some chairs for the garden... in itself probably not that interesting since they are only treated softwood and designed to be functional rather than "fine furniture". However I though the...
1
1

BBC live delay ?
We were both watching PM question time tonight (wed) Me on my desktop and she on laptop. Desktop has cable connection, laptop wifi. The desktop was running about half minute behind the laptop. How...
23
23

Wheelie Bin Compactors anyone?
Fortnightly collections and small wheelie bins have always caused a bit of an issue, but now Rother council have decided that bottles have to go in the re-cycling rather than a separate bin thus...
78
78

Miele dishwasher G1220 SC - how to remove the kickplate?
We have the F70 issue and i can see what to do after you've got the kick plate off - but can't see how to do that! It's a freestanding model and I can't see any screws or feel any underneath it. Miele...
2
2

What's a ballpark price for replacing a small combi?
Our rented flat in North London needs its gas combi boiler replaced. It's a two bedroom duplex flat so not tiny but not enormous. What sort of price should one expect for replacing the boiler?...
11
11

Radiator valve head operation
A question about the central pin in the thermostatic head of for instance of my radiators is not coming on. I've taken the head off and if I rotate the top part (ie hot to cold) the central assembly...
10
10

Picture message?
I have just received an email from what seems to be O2, it just says.. 'Hello, Here's a picture message you've been sent from 079077??????. You can send a message back from your mobile phone. But...
5
5

Re: [CC] Global temperatures: Last month was second-warmest August on record.
Apologies, it was Iceland not Greenland: Not from that article - the BBC coyly forgot to mention it. Fascinating. In your BBC article, the glacier in question is moving too fast. In my BBC article,...
1
1

House survey and electrics
That goes further than covering arse. Condition rating 3 ? defects that are serious and/or need to be repaired, replaced or investigated urgently If an engineer is called and there are no defect I...
59
59

OT Wind turbines Cheering news forTurNiP
One interesting observation from the reports on the recent power cut was just how much area the Hornsey windfarm covers. OK, it's around a GW so quite a useful amount of generation. But what can we...
10
10

Re: OT: Prorouging and the Supreme Court
Because I'm not as stupid as you, it's pretty easy to fool the stupid. Show a person a picture of a duck and ask them what it is and they'll say a duck, while I'll say it's a picture of a duck it is't...
3
3

OT: Revenge of the Saniflo
That could have nasty implications for millions of other properties, notably current and ex-council houses/flats, if this became 'case law'
25
25