What do I actually need a TV Licence for?

I am finding the BBC increasingly naff. It spends as much time on adverts for its own programmes as ITV does on commercials. Also it wasted money on things like outside broadcasting where it adds nothing to the program. Does it matter if an interview is carried on inside the studio or outside the,say, Old Bailey? So what can I a and can't I watch without a licence?

Reply to
Broadback

David

No the key thing is having equipment of receiving any bbc channel, this means an internet browser or mobile phone etc as well as normal receivers. It means catch up as well as at time of transmission. Blame the delay in distribution for that one as somebody suggested that the time it took amounted to it no longer being live. Sadly for them though, its decriminalised so its a bit like a judgement in a civil court. They have to get the money out of you. I think its debatable whether they can confiscate any equipment these days. The thing is though that unless you are behind a van of some sort its not rocket science to trace you. Its harder to find off air viewers as there are not the old tell tale signals to use by directional aerials on a van.

Besides these were never viable as other than making a public statement. Catch a couple in the street and at least it used to make others think twice. I suppose when Britbox launches, all the good stuff will be on there first and some revenue will be generated. However the massive number of companies all now wanting to get about ten quid out of you for their stuff will, in the end backfire as nobody will be able to afford it and the bottom will drop out of the market. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

That's a good start to your argument. Now get yourself a stop watch and give some proof.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No it isn't, and that is the point.

Reply to