OT: Revenge of the Saniflo

For Brian,

A Saniflo-connected bog in the Airbnb flat above the pesky lawyer alleged to sound like a chainsaw.

Reply to
Andrew

Well that does not sound right. Surely its got a problem then. Most I've come across make a kind of whining sound. Somebody has been feeding it with concrete!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The article says that it has occassionally been noisy when something that shouldn't be has been flushed down the toilet and that the owners have always had it put right quickly.

Basically the court has thrown the case out and said that the complainants are just fixated on the sound of the Saniflo and that poor sound insulation has not helped.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Perhaps all the visitors were just constipated.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Steve Walker used his keyboard to write :

The judge ought to have required that sound insulation be installed, or brought up to standard.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

As an ex-saniflo owner I have more than a degree of sympathy with the lawyer. It can be an unpleasant grinding noise and we were always careful not to flush it during the night.

A polite notice in the loo asking residents to avoid nocturnal flushing might help a lot but I appreciate as a rental property, it?s impossible to enforce any ?rules?.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

You do not need to flush to make one start up. I was in a hotel last week and I went for a piss in the night. Once enough piss [1] had gone into the bog the thing fired up without warning.

[1] Made from 10 pints of Dorset's best ciders and real ales, and at their prices it was an expensive piss.
Reply to
ARW

Tim+ pretended :

A warning notice, plus a time-clock would help resolve that.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

On the saniflow or on the arse of the user of the toilet?

Reply to
ARW

I stayed in a very posh hotel in Samseung-dong, Seoul, Korea once. In my bathroom there was a bath, shower, sauna, handbasin and toilet. Oh and a phone handset on a long cable. Best was a set of digital bathroom scales next to the toilet. You could stand on the scales whilst having a piss and if you pressed the tare button when you got on, you could watch your weight change as you "blew ballast". My best was a 950gm piss after a big night out on the Korean beer. :-)

Reply to
mm0fmf

That could have nasty implications for millions of other properties, notably current and ex-council houses/flats, if this became 'case law'

Reply to
Andrew

*Very* brave (or stupid?) for a hotel to install Saniflows.

Was it an old building that had been fitted with en-suites 'on the cheap', or maybe because the building design made normal drainage impossible ?.

Reply to
Andrew

didn't it have the japanese hi-tech bog that gave your output full pathological tests and give you a complete health report ?.

Reply to
Andrew

ARW presented the following explanation :

A cork and a time clock then :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The trouble is, at whose cost and on which side. Should it be the people going about their normal lives and making perfectly normal levels of noise or the neighbour who is hypersensitive to sound and complains about it?

We have a neighbour who complained about the noise from a chiming clock in our living room waking her up and we ended up having to move it - despite us sleeping 3 feet directly above it and her sleeping in a room both on the other side of a wall, up at the same level as us, through another wall and 12 feet further away. She also manages to be affected my our children talking (telling each other stories) in their bedroom.

It turns out that she goes to bed at 8pm, because she always wakes up at

4am; she is hypersensitive to sound; and she expects everyone else to adjust their lives to suit her. Its not as if we are a noisy family, we haven't had people round for a party for a number of years; we don't play music often and then it would be in the day, at weekends.

What makes it all the more galling, is that her husband and his ex-wife used to have strip-poker parties, shouting and screaming their heads off, mid-week, 'til 6 in the morning, with no regard for any of us working during the day.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

No, not in that hotel. Been in plenty of Korean and Japanese hotels were the techno-toilet was king. Heated seats, pre-wetting the ceramic when you sit down so the shit doesn't stick, bum wash jets, warm air drying, front-bottom wash for the ladies, adjustable temperature for the seat and water, remote control handset and like electric seats in cars (T i m we don't need them but they're nice to have) memories for each user so you can recall your favourite settings. You name it they had it. Normal paper though.

I was in Yokohama once and I'd been working on the laptop in my room when I need to "go". Into the bathroom and as I was unzipping suddenly things didn't feel right and there were little waves in the water in the pan... we were having an earthquake. Second time I've felt one but it was nothing much for the locals as they have 50 or so a year out there.

Reply to
mm0fmf

Or they have some savage pets and the visitors all shit bricks.

Reply to
jeikppkywk

They have enough suicides as it is already. Main saving grace would be that they would be unlikely to disembowel themselves with a hell of a mess for the cleaners. Tho I spose that could be added to the design of the bathroom, self cleaning post disembowelling once the body has been bagged and removed.

Reply to
AlexK

I'll raise you 3/4 filling an empty 2 litre diet coke bottle on the M1 roadworks at 50MPH, pouring the contents out the window (spraying the car behind me) and then managing another litre of piss into the bottle.

Reply to
ARW

Champion!

Reply to