Saniflo Saniplus macerator repair

I am trying to fix my Saniflo Saniplus macerator. It is the older model, without air vent.

I have already identified the problem, the membrane under the switch needs replacement.

One question: How does one close the lid? There is a rectangular black rubber gasket/seal, but it is very difficult to close the lid with the gasket in place.

Do you insert the gasket on the bottom part and then squeeze the lid on top or do you insert the gasket in the groove on the underside of the lid and then squeeze the lid with the gasket onto the main bottom part?

I've tried all different ways, even spreading some vaseline.

Many thanks,

Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

The approved technique here is to smash it to pieces with a hammer, burn it and bury the ashes.

Reply to
Zapp Brannigan

Not nearly adequate. One should obtain 45 gallons of Avpin (Isopropyl nitrate) and decant half into the offending Saniflow and drainage system. The remaking half should be left in its barrel in the bathroom. The BT telephone should be placed in the barrel, the house vacated and one should wait (at a safe distance -say 1km) for someone to call trying to sell you PV panels or double glazing. When the house has come down again - _that_ is when you attack the Saniflow with a pickaxe and (of course) an angle grinder.

Reply to
Peter Parry

+1
Reply to