Saniflo Sealant?

My saniflo (specifically a Sanibest) had a faulty microswitch (constantly shorted) which I have replaced. However, I am having difficulty sealing the pressure switch unit. Basically I left it filled with water overnight and it tripped the RCD. Opened up the sealed swicth unit and it was full of water. When I opened it up there was a good few cm of water in the bottom. Currently drying the switch and wiring.

Does anyone know what they use to seal these? When I dismantled it there was some stringy white sealant around the diaphram (rubber boot thing). Initially I tried using general purpose sealant but that obviously is not right. I think maybe something like liquid PTFE?

Hopefully there's someone on here that has had the misfortune to work on these disgusting things!

Reply to
Tom M0TOC

I quote: "Sell the house, failing that give it away, if that doesn't work pay someone to take it or burn it down".

Reply to
Part timer