Sealant query

Any thoughts on a pourable sealant that's durable? I'm got problems with water ingress in the cellar of my house. The landlord's odd job man (does everything from gas boilers to building) has slapped a load of cement around the main waste and gutter fall pipes at ground level in an effort to stop the water getting in. We're pretty certain this is where the water comes in. I was thinking a liquid sealant that can be poured around the area that seeps into the tarmac around the pipes would help? If it doesn't then I'm going have to start work on convincing people to dig up the pavement. The water's not a problem as such - it's just that it comes in near the electricity meter and consumer unit and after a few days the puddles of water start to go dodgy and smell awful.

Reply to
Sneezy

Bituminous paint, available from most builders merchants. I've had great results using the Aqua Seal (complete with picture of a seal) brand.

Reply to
Grunff