Sealant Activated By Water Wanted

Hello, Can someone tell me where to find a water sealant that is activated by rushing water? Well not exactly white-water rapids, nor"rushing" all the time; sometimes it slows down. I would like to think of what i want to do as an above-ground swimming pool. What i mean is if they can make above-ground swimming pools, then i can make an above-ground well for a sump pump. The only problem is itis wet and moving water all the time (sort of like a spigot you cannot turn off - i think itis a spring, or at least it acts like one, so if it walks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, lets call it a duck anyway). All i want is a quick fix for now, and later i can rebuild the basement.

I can get some of the floor area dried up to a dampness, while holding the moving water in a massive about of towels for a few minutes. At that point i would like to "glue" something to the floor to begin the building of the little wall of the well (i only need one, maybe two walls, depending how much of the wall-to-floor actually leaks ), bricks are easier to handle than cinder blocks so i guess that is what i want to build my well with - maybe i should use square-cut rocks? I may only need about less than a foot high, because i saw a sump pump that does from 1/8" up, however it maynot be automatic. In that case iwill have to go higher with my wall to accommodate the sump pump.

This (so far) is only a few feet of space i will need for the well. Right now iam handling the mini flood with a "sponge" pump, set at the point where the water puddles at a low spot on the basement floor; this is then hosed to the floor drain. The puddling only amounts to about or less than 1/8' depth, so i have to go in there and turn on the "spunge" many times a day. That is why i would like to get more depth to the water so that i can install an automatic, sump pump.

I know what youare thinking so iwill answer it right now: If i donot pump the water, through a hose, to the drain, the well- trained, little stream runs somewhat along 3 walls, having started at the first wall; very close to a corner; around the corner of a 3rd wall; to the room with the drain; back up the other side of the wall 3, about 3 or so feet from wall 3, and continues right on into the drain all by its cute, little 'ole self - scary to say the least . . . since it obediently puddles at wall 3 before taking off for its trip around the wall to the other room, and back up the other side of the wall 3 to the drain, i like to keep it retained in that one room instead of letting it wet both rooms of the basement.

Another thing about the above-ground thingy is the cat drinks the spring water, and i would like to train the dog to do likewise so that i donot have to be bothered with slimy water dishes all the time. The cat always used to demand to be watered at the sink from the faucet; then she would shake, and splash germs all over the sink area, then i would have to Lysol spray the sink area (What a mess of unnecessary activity), so iam very pleased she drinks from the spring. My husband said she is the first cat he ever saw walk on water, but i named her Pinky anyway (:

Truly

Reply to
Harry

I'm not sure that I follow the description of your problem 100%, but I think I know the answer. Go to any home center or good hardware store and get "hydraulic cement". Just ask for it, they'll point you in the right direction. It is a very quick drying cement that will dry in wet conditions, even under water. Just mix with water, plug the hole, and hold in place. Might not look good of 1st effort but add some more later to smooth it out when you're done.

Good luck.

Reply to
Pat

"Pat" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

[snip] [cross-posting removed]

Is that what I should use to build a small fountain?

My current idea is to stabilize some vertical large rocks (?schist? - look like craggy micacious stones arranged in parallel layers or "fibers" (sorry, I don't know the right term) - one type has a nearly black base color and looks much like steel when the light hits it sideways, also saw an aqua-green color, thinking of the "black" with smoothly-rounded white "beach stone" to put into the center of the "white garden" (white bloomers, white/silver foliage) part of the garden-to-be.

Anyway, I'd like to have maximum exposure of the stone and just use cement/concrete to stabilize the "stack" ((more like "organ pipe" sort of arrangement") and have water running down the whole construct.

So is hydraulic cement good for that?

Thanks!

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"Kris Krieger" (from alt.arcitecture)

[cross-posting partially re-established] :D

Is that what I should use to build a small fountain? My current idea is to stabilize some vertical large rocks (?schist? - look like craggy micacious stones arranged in parallel layers or "fibers" (sorry, I don't know the right term) - one type has a nearly black base color and looks much like steel when the light hits it sideways, also saw an aqua-green color, thinking of the "black" with smoothly-rounded white "beach stone" to put into the center of the "white garden" (white bloomers, white/silver foliage) part of the garden-to-be.

Anyway, I'd like to have maximum exposure of the stone and just use cement/concrete to stabilize the "stack" ((more like "organ pipe" sort of arrangement") and have water running down the whole construct.

So is hydraulic cement good for that?

Thanks!

Reply to
Warm Worm