Tri Polymer sealant

Everytime I watch This Old House, they are whipping out this magic tube of gunk called Tri Polymer Sealant. I am redoing my roof and need to make use of a good sealant. I've been to all the big box stores and nobody has anything remotely sounding like it. What brand names do I look for? Where do I buy it? How do I recognize it by the label?

It looks like Geocel makes a type but heaven help my local stores if they should carry Geocel. I've seen Geocel Ultima, is it it? Not too clear from the label.

What is a good sealant for roofing purposes?

The problem that I;m having is that the very top piece (the crown pieces?) aren't lying flat with just two nails. I'm envisioning having to put some adhesive under it and laying a brick on it to flatten it down. or will it flatten down over time from the sun? Plus I have all the loose shingles where I had to weave the new roof with the old that need sticking back down.

Reply to
jmagerl

I too have been curious about that.

I'm not a roofer but I just always used roofing tar in a bucket.

they'll lay down when the sun hits um for awhile.

Reply to
Rick

on 9/16/2007 9:16 PM jmagerl said the following:

DAP makes a roof sealant in an caulk gun tube. I used it many years ago after I installed a skylight in an existing asphalt shingle roof. I don't know if it a polymer sealant, but it contains mineral spirits and asphalt. I don't know which big box store I got it in, but the shingles I had to lift are still stuck down.

Reply to
willshak

sticks to anything, just about.

Reply to