Is it ok to till my Impatients and the cypress mulch under as I prepare for winter plantings?

I have a bed of impatients with a thin layer of cypress mulch. Do I need to cut down the impatients, rake up the mulch and dispose of all, or can I just us a tiller ( or till by hand ) with it all there? I would think it would be ok to till it all up, but I feel the need to ask someone that has more experience and knowledge.

I plan to put in something for the winter. Have no clue what other then the flowering cabbage. Suggestions?

Advice please?

If no one comments, I guess I'll just pull it all up, rake up the mulch and send it to a land fill. That will add to the solid waste problem and for a time, trap nutrients away from the "circle of life" but if that is what you want......

Beth

Reply to
Beth Jenkin

till the wood chips in. add some lime. need the dimensions of the flower bed in order to determine how much lime.

earlier this year I made the purchase of a DR® wood chipper so I could do some thinning of my own forest as well as clean up in my tree service business. I've been spreading the chips on the to be planted soybean fields and from this year's results in the bean crop, I'm never again going to haul wood chips to any place other than back to my Farm land.

Jim Ledford

Reply to
Srgnt Billko

[....]
[....]

what part of "add some lime" did you not understand exactly?

Reply to
Jim Ledford

What part of N do you see in CaO exactly ?

Reply to
Srgnt Billko