Scotts Spreader Setting

I am over seeding a tall fescue lawn with Carolina Blend tall fescue. The bag doesn't specify the spreader's setting. For over seeding, it appears the amount is 2 1/2 lbs. per 1,000 sq ft. The spreader is a Scotts Speedy 3000 (rotary type). What is the spreader setting?

Thunder

P.S. I've aerated and fertilized and am ready for the over seeding.

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Impossible to tell, read the instructions that came with your spreader.

Reply to
Mike

That number will not do you any good with grass seed especially if its bluegrass seed since they are so small. Broadcast Spreaders are usually calibrated for granular particulates.

If I was you (I'm not, I hired the local illegals to oversee my lawn): I would break my lawn >I am over seeding a tall fescue lawn with Carolina Blend tall fescue.

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt

You could also check Scotts website, they might have some info on settings for various grass seed types.

Failing that, I'd go with the above advice. Put in a known amount of seed and starting with a med to low setting, make a test run over a known size area. Then adjust accordingly and later redo the test area with another pass set to try to even it out.

Also, it's late to be seeding with cool season grass for much of the US now. Optimum would have been about 4-6 weeks ago.

Reply to
trader4

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt