Sealant over sealant?

Will silicone sealant bond to existing silicone sealant? I've noticed a small void I left when going around the bath and I really don't want to remove the lot to do it again from scratch. Can I just clean it with spirit and apply over?

al

This should work ok, particularly if you can squeeze in some sealant that will sit behind the existing sealant to anchor it in.

Dean

Reply to
ABCD

im a kitchen fitter and in my experience you should have no probs AS LONG AS ITS DRY FROM WATER. if its wet at all dont do it

Reply to
lofty

Cheers guys, will give it a go!

al

The other thing to beware of is any trace of soap residue.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hodges